PauloV

The more frustrating thing is that in 10 years of being a WebHostingatalk member I never had a warning or modereted post, and in a single post we have been banned for ever because Bear thinks I was not telling people on the post that we have maked the plugin lol.

I was only asking an opinion and after days on saying and trying to explain to Bear amd even saying sorry, I have give up :)

Of course every day I go to WebHostingatalk but now without a member account.

The more frustrating thing is that in 10 years of being a WebHostingatalk member I never had a warning or modereted post, and in a single post we have been banned for ever because Bear thinks I was not telling people on the post that we have maked the plugin lol.

I was only asking an opinion and after days on saying and trying to explain to Bear amd even saying sorry, I have give up :)

Of course every day I go to WebHostingatalk but now without a member account.

Maybe if you explain it is a free plugin he might think again?

Confirmed, all Blesta posts on WebHostingatalk are being moderated and some removed.

An employee of us as registered at webhostingtalk and he as responded at this post http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1358015 telling only that Blesta has a License Plugin and the post was removed and the member account banned.

Well done WebHostingtalk!

If you haven't, I'd suggest opening a ticket in their helpdesk to contest it. If the banning moderator responds, ask for it to be escalated to SoftwareReview. A permanent ban for that post seems ridiculous, especially since you have nothing to gain monetarily. (It's a free plugin!!) Maybe you should have mentioned that you wrote the plugin for full disclosure, but a perma ban for that seems absurd.. unless there were other reasons involved in their decision.

Here's my suggestion to everyone who participates on WHT:

1. Follow their rules.

2. If you feel you've been unjustly targeted or given an infraction because of a post, open a ticket in their helpdesk and contest it. (I have opened a ticket every time I received an infraction, and have had one reversed)

3. If you see other people self promoting or not following the rules, report those posts. (I have reported posts made by our competitors for self-promotion, and their posts have been removed)

The moderators at WHT believe they are enforcing the rules fairly. In most cases, they probably are, but because of our competitions long history and position in the market they are favored.

WHT even promoted a thread for one of our competitors beta release announcements. They have never given us the courtesy.

Things are changing, but it takes time. We're going to do all we can do, and continue to make Blesta better.

Don't be intimidated, if you have something to say, say it! Just make sure you follow the rules.

Hello, here is de discloser of the helpdesk chat with Bear for you to judge:

Ticket Details
Ticket ID:	YOY-194388	Department:	Suspended Users
Created On:	Feb 07 2014 8:29 PM	Last Update:	Feb 09 2014 4:15 PM
Edit Properties

Member Information
Username: *
Your Web Hosting Talk user name	

Conversation

Paulo Vidal	  

Posted On: Feb 07 2014 8:29 PM
Hello,

Im a member since 2006 why im suspended?
Im not associated with blesta im a user and have bought a licence from blesta and i also have a license from whmcs and clientexec. I only post the blesta chat to see what webhostingtalk members have to say about the new chat plugin that for exemple whmcs and clientexec charge .

Can you please explain why and please unsuspend?

Thanks in advance.

bear	  

Posted On: Feb 07 2014 9:26 PM
> Im not associated with blesta im a user

You are also the author of that live chat application you were asking others about while pretending to just be interested in it. 

'bear'
WHT Community Leader
[I may close your ticket after responding. If you feel there was more that needed discussion, replying will reopen it.]

Paulo Vidal	  

Posted On: Feb 07 2014 9:55 PM
Hello,

I didnt say I was not the author I only ask what people think about the Live Chat just to see the feedback I was looking for ideas and touts.

I dont want to sell anything im a opensource person thats why im offering the chat plugin and outhers future plugins or extensions I whant to ear what people say and whant to help them.

Every single day i go to webhostingtalk foruns since 2006 but im not a talk or posting user im like a listener and only post something i realy whant to know. You can check my history logins or posts.

Can I reformulate my post and instead of making a subject "Blesta Live Chat coming soon" change to "Blesta Live Chat - your touts needed" and then ask the comunity what they think about the plugin and ask for ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Paulo Vidal

-------- Mensagem original --------De : bear Data:08/02/2014 02:26 (GMT+00:00) Para: vidal@weblx.pt Assunto: [#YOY-194388]: unsuspend qlpqlp 
> Im not associated with blesta im a user

You are also the author of that live chat application you were asking others about while pretending to just be interested in it. 

'bear'
WHT Community Leader
[I may close your ticket after responding. If you feel there was more that needed discussion, replying will reopen it.] 

Ticket Details

Ticket ID: YOY-194388
Department: Suspended Users
Priority: Normal

bear	  

Posted On: Feb 07 2014 10:09 PM
> I didnt say I was not the author I only ask what people think about the Live Chat just to see the feedback I was looking for ideas and touts.

You also didn't say you *were* the author. You then made it sound like you also wanted to know about other mods for Blesta in what appeared to be done to draw attention away from the script you'd created. We've seen this many times. 

Had you mentioned something like "this new script we've made" or "my script", it would have been simply removed with an alert letting you know it's unacceptable. By omitting you wrote it and making it sound like you were just interested in it, that's now shilling. 

> Every single day i go to webhostingtalk foruns since 2006

2004, actually, but you don't participate much if you do visit daily. 21 posts in all those years, 4 of which were counted.

> Can I reformulate my post and instead of making a subject "Blesta Live Chat coming soon" change to "Blesta Live Chat - your touts needed" and then ask the comunity what they think about the plugin and ask for ideas?

I'm afraid not. Even if you were allowed back, to post that would run into problems with several other rules here. 

'bear'
WHT Community Leader

Paulo Vidal	  

Posted On: Feb 07 2014 10:40 PM
Hello

I was not clarified about that rules (didn't read). My intetions was just to get a reaction from the community and not to break the rules.

I will be more careful in the future if you unsuspend my account.

Im truly sorry if you get me rong 

In hopping of getting the unsuspended account , thanks in advance.
Paulo Vidal

Enviado de Samsung Mobile

-------- Mensagem original --------De : bear Data:08/02/2014 03:09 (GMT+00:00) Para: vidal@weblx.pt Assunto: [#YOY-194388]: unsuspend qlpqlp 
> I didnt say I was not the author I only ask what people think about the Live Chat just to see the feedback I was looking for ideas and touts.

You also didn't say you *were* the author. You then made it sound like you also wanted to know about other mods for Blesta in what appeared to be done to draw attention away from the script you'd created. We've seen this many times. 

Had you mentioned something like "this new script we've made" or "my script", it would have been simply removed with an alert letting you know it's unacceptable. By omitting you wrote it and making it sound like you were just interested in it, that's now shilling. 

> Every single day i go to webhostingtalk foruns since 2006

2004, actually, but you don't participate much if you do visit daily. 21 posts in all those years, 4 of which were counted.

> Can I reformulate my post and instead of making a subject "Blesta Live Chat coming soon" change to "Blesta Live Chat - your touts needed" and then ask the comunity what they think about the plugin and ask for ideas?

I'm afraid not. Even if you were allowed back, to post that would run into problems with several other rules here. 

'bear'
WHT Community Leader

Ticket Details

bear	  

Posted On: Feb 08 2014 8:26 AM
> My intetions was just to get a reaction from the community

When you posted at the Blesta forum you made it very clear you were the author, yet when you posted on WHT you acted like you thought Blesta was great because they offered something free like this, and asked what everyone thought about it. Someone looking to get a reaction about a script or addon they made generally posts "hey, what do you think of this addon I created?" or something similar to that. When you posted, it looked to us like you were deliberately acting like an innocent bystander that was just interested in hearing if anyone liked it and other addons for Blesta. 

This was not a matter of just not knowing our rules, this appeared to be someone deliberately setting out to deceive our members. 

'bear'
WHT Community Leader

Paulo Vidal	  

Posted On: Feb 08 2014 11:05 AM
Hello,

Is there anything I can do for you unsuspend my account?
I dont want to lose my account just because i was stupid and didn't read the rules since 2004.

I will be a more active member because im a computer/server tecnition and also a software developer. I manage a ISP in Portugal called weblx and i know some of all solutions/answers in hosting/server/programming/security/domains foruns but since 2004 i just like to read what all people have to say.

I realy love WHT i realy don want to lose the account.

This will be my las reply to this ticket because i dont want you thinking im pressure you in anyway and get me rong again 

If i get the unsuspended account will be great and one more lesson learned in this life , if i dont get my account unsuspend, i just have to say sorry to all and it was a great run having an account on WHT and i will still visit the foruns but this time like a visitor and not a member 

Anyway many thanks to all and sorry bear for what i did but truly wasn't for breaking the rules trust me.

Best regards,
Paulo Vidal

bear	  

Posted On: Feb 08 2014 11:08 AM
> didn't read the rules since 2004.

It really wasn't about reading our rules, but it does bring up the same question.
When you posted, why did you make it a point to make sure you didn't mention anything about being the author of it? You had no problem doing so on the Blesta forum posts where it was very clear, it was only when posting here you disguised/avoided that. Why?

'bear'
WHT Community Leader

Paulo Vidal	  

Posted On: Feb 08 2014 2:30 PM
Hello, (breaking my rule that was my last response )

I didnt say because i didnt whant to people say that I was promoting my plugin like i said i only whant to see a reaction like for exemple:

Great plugin...
Whmcs is better
Hostbill is better
Blesta dosent have this and that...

Just to see what the comunity whant and then i listening than build what people whant and then offer.

So simple, i was not promoting just getting a simple reaction from people to my post 

If you see on blesta forum i post in the same day i post on WHT because i was excited about the feedback of my work and wanted to do more 

Regards
Paulo Vidal

-------- Mensagem original --------De : bear Data:08/02/2014 16:08 (GMT+00:00) Para: vidal@weblx.pt Assunto: [#YOY-194388]: unsuspend qlpqlp 
> didn't read the rules since 2004.

It really wasn't about reading our rules, but it does bring up the same question.
When you posted, why did you make it a point to make sure you didn't mention anything about being the author of it? You had no problem doing so on the Blesta forum posts where it was very clear, it was only when posting here you disguised/avoided that. Why?

'bear'
WHT Community Leader

Ticket Details

bear	  

Posted On: Feb 09 2014 8:46 AM
> i was not promoting just getting a simple reaction from people to my post

But it was promoting, and doing so as if you had nothing to do with it. Simply put, it was shilling. 

'bear'
WHT Community Leader

Paulo Vidal	  

Posted On: Feb 09 2014 9:08 AM
Hello,

Thinking that way, you where right i was promoting/shilling but it was not thinking that way.

I see that i will never be able to get my qlpqlp account back thats ok  i diserved.

In the future can i open a new account but with outher email address and username?

Thanks in advance,
Paulo Vidal

bear	  

Posted On: Feb 09 2014 9:18 AM
> In the future can i open a new account but with outher email address and username?

You're permitted only one account on WHT. You can't make a new one. 

'bear'
WHT Community Leader

Paulo Vidal	  

Posted On: Feb 09 2014 2:52 PM
Sorry to reopen this ticket again, but now that I have read (for the firts time) the forun rules to defend myself 

when it says on forum rules:

"...A shill is an owner, employee or associate of a seller of products or services who pretends (or purposefully omits) any association with the product or service.."

Im not the owner, or employee or associate of a seller.

The owner of the LiveChat is "Remigijus Kiminas" from this website: http://livehelperchat.com/

I only made a simple plugin that conects the LiveChat and Blesta, like we use on my company on WHMCS also.

Also when it says "...or purposefully omits...", I didnt purposefully omited, like I said I ask one question to the comunity what they think, if so you could move my post to the "Software & Scripts Offers & Requests" because you where the first person to read/respond, and after you had visited the Blesta Foruns you could warning me because I have been a good member since 2004 (ok I didnt pay any money for advertising or membership), but you could have that in consideration, it is 10 years and not one or two months member.

then the rules say:

"..while pretending to be a satisfied customer or interested bystander..."

I was not pretendig, and I was not interesting, I was asking from people what they think, and not acting as interested.

for the rest of the rules, i was not paid, I have paid one week ago for a full unbranded license of blesta, if you whant proof, I also have a license from WHMCS active and actualy using on my company www.weblx.pt, and also have purchase 2 weeks ago a full licence from ClientExec, because I was looking for a new billing solution and thats wy i got Blesta.

If you see on Blesta foruns, I also made a internetbs module because we use on WHMCS and nedded to work on Blesta, and then we made it, after that we had made a "bridge" betwin LiveHelperChat and Blesta, but we dont own none of them, or be associeted with any of that company.

I was upset wen I ask if I could regist a new account, and you said no because the foruns rules, but you could also ask or even counseling, like for exemple:

I will suspend you for 2 months or even 6 months for this, and also tell me to be carful in the future.

You also could tell me, because the EU laws, I could ask you to delet my qlpqlp account and any personall data, and after that I could register again, and also tell me to be carful in te future.

I didnt know you "bear" I have research a litle and I do know now that you are one of the administrator of WHT and you are a very respectfull person.

Can you please advise me what to do to get my 10 years account unsuspended, or atlest a new account, deleting the qlpqlp account because I can only have one account?

Sorry abou my english, and some of the hard words, but I think you understand 

Best regards,
Paulo Vidal

bear	  

Posted On: Feb 09 2014 3:03 PM
> I only made a simple plugin that conects the LiveChat and Blesta

Yes, *you* made something that you then posted here about, which associates you with *your* creation. Your creation, your post, and it was shilling because you purposefully left off the fact you wrote it. The rule can't possibly cover every possible permutation of this, but posting here as if you were only interested in the product you made is hiding your association. By your own admission, you didn't want to be seen as advertising it, so left that off. Intentionally.

> I could register again, and also tell me to be carful in te future.

You are permitted one account *only*. We don't delete any accounts, and don't allow more than one under any circumstances. 

'bear'
WHT Community Leader

Paulo Vidal	  

Posted On: Feb 09 2014 3:23 PM
Hello,

Ok thanks for the reply.
I will trie to swallow this frog and forget.

Just a small note: In EU laws you are obligated to delet an account if a user asks 

I hope in the future you can be more open in helping people.

Thanks again for everything.

Regards,
Paulo Vidal

bear	  

Posted On: Feb 09 2014 4:15 PM
> Just a small note: In EU laws you are obligated to delet an account if a user asks 

This forum is owned and operated in the United States. 

'bear'
WHT Community Leader

Anouther thing, Why WebHostinTalk, or even WHMCS wants to do such a thing, like moderating outher billing systems like Blesta? that's not make any sence since I think Blesta has helped WHMCS in th past:

or Im seeing rong?

Regards,
PV

They think you're a shill? Our only association is that you're a customer, and we did not and never will ask you or anyone to post on WHT on our behalf. If our customers aren't allowed to post on WHT on their own accord, then we're being unfairly targeted. I don't know what you originally posted, but I suggest asking for the ticket to be escalated and reviewed by SoftwareReview.

Sounds like you omitted some information that you should have included, but I don't believe it's shilling because you had nothing to gain, and you posted it on your own. A mistake? Probably. A clear shilling violation? I don't think so.

EDIT: I feel like promoting the chat plugin you wrote now.

They think you're a shill? Our only association is that you're a customer, and we did not and never will ask you or anyone to post on WHT on our behalf. If our customers aren't allowed to post on WHT on their own accord, then we're being unfairly targeted. I don't know what you originally posted, but I suggest asking for the ticket to be escalated and reviewed by SoftwareReview.

Sounds like you omitted some information that you should have included, but I don't believe it's shilling because you had nothing to gain, and you posted it on your own. A mistake? Probably. A clear shilling violation? I don't think so.

He posted something about the live chat for ideas or something I did come across it, but since I am a distributor and can't post really anything which could be classed as self-advertising (Even without a signature shown) I didn't reply to it.

Google search:

Blesta Live Chat coming soon for free - Hosting Software and ... 
www.webhostingtalk.com › ... › Hosting Software and Control Panels‎
2 posts - ‎2 authors
Hello to all. What do you think about this new Plugin coming soon for Blesta called Blesta Live Chat? You can seeit on Blesta Forum on "The Marketplace"

That's bear being bear, didn't even let you off go and reply what paul said, ask for the other Admin (Dennis Johnson called SoftWareRevue), who is much nicer.

Dennis is a great guy, had the pleasure of meeting him in person last year. Very down to earth, always a pleasure to read the WHT newsletters he sends out. 

The post that I have posted on WebHostingTalk is on the #3 replay above as an image :)

http://www.blesta.com/forums/uploads/monthly_03_2014/post-9426-0-86538000-1395426767.png

Also you can see it on Google WebCache here: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:OYdfw2vqagIJ:www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php%3Ft%3D1347143%26perpage%3D2+&cd=1&hl=pt-PT&ct=clnk&gl=pt

I will try to escalate the ticket to Dennis Johnson , but after what I have posted here, and Im sure the Bear as read it, I dont think I will never be able to have my member qlpqlp back :)

A response to this forum from Bear would be great, to him defend imself and also to close this, because no one will win anything and only Bear can step foward.

Fell free to do what you (all Blesta staff and owners) whant with Blesta Live Chat :) you have our permission :)

Regards,

PV

• 3 months later...

@PauloV

They mad you cry why did you keep trying it will just mess up your head

WTF are motherf***** <edited> just got a inflaction

They buy traffice that why they have a high rank trafice and i heard they run by powerful people

We Should make google blogs and facebook, tweeter page site posts about this that will really force google and other organic taffice to close their gates to webhostingtalk  these 2 site webhostingtalk and thepiratebay both these are idiots

@PauloV

They mad you cry why did you keep trying it will just mess up your head

WTF are motherf***** <edited> just got a inflaction

They buy traffice that why they have a high rank trafice and i heard they run by powerful people

We Should make google blogs and facebook, tweeter page site posts about this that will really force google and other organic taffice to close their gates to webhostingtalk  these 2 site webhostingtalk and thepiratebay both these are idiots

I really dont care anymore, since they insist that I have break the rules. I still visit every day WHT foruns, but now without any user account :) "I have a life" and this dont take my sleep away ;)

Maybe is better this way, for me anyway :)

Like in Portugal we say:

"If the people that you are trying to make sense on talking, are stupid, dont trie a second time, because they are very good on what they are."  :)