Scheduled Services Running At 12Am Only Since Upgrade To 3.1.3

EngageCommerce

Since updating to 3.1.3 all cron run services such as create invoice, auto debit etc are only running at 12:00am.

Every service that is set to run at a specific time is ignoring that time with the exception of services set to run every 5 minutes like Apply Payments.

Stripe auto debit has stopped working and is not debiting accounts and invoices are not being created.

I rolled back to 3.1.1 and everything returned to normal, so next day I re-did 3.1.3 and same problem again.

Any ideas please ?

That's strange.

How often do you have the cron running? Do you have any cron tasks that have failed to complete? You can check the company Automation page for the list of tasks, and they'll be highlighted if they are still running, or errored out.

Looking at the fixes completed for v3.1.2 and v3.1.3 I see no changes that would have affected the cron or invoices. I wonder if the files you downloaded were corrupted either when you downloaded them, or uploaded them over your current installation. Have you tried upgrading to v3.1.2 to see if you experience the same issue?

When you updated, did you run /admin/upgrade and go to Settings > Company > Modules, Gateways, Plugins and check that all plugins were updated to the latest versions?

When you run the cron manually, on 3.1.3 in the middle of the day, are there any errors? Settings > System > Automation: Run Cron Manually.

That's strange.

How often do you have the cron running? Do you have any cron tasks that have failed to complete? You can check the company Automation page for the list of tasks, and they'll be highlighted if they are still running, or errored out.

Looking at the fixes completed for v3.1.2 and v3.1.3 I see no changes that would have affected the cron or invoices. I wonder if the files you downloaded were corrupted either when you downloaded them, or uploaded them over your current installation. Have you tried upgrading to v3.1.2 to see if you experience the same issue?

Hi Tyson,

Cron is running every 5 minutes. No task showing that failed to complete or are still showing as running.

Same thing happened last night, exactly 12am again.

I'm going to re-download 3.1.3 and overwrite the files and see what happens this time just to rule out a corrupt file.

When you updated, did you run /admin/upgrade and go to Settings > Company > Modules, Gateways, Plugins and check that all plugins were updated to the latest versions?

When you run the cron manually, on 3.1.3 in the middle of the day, are there any errors? Settings > System > Automation: Run Cron Manually.

Hi Paul,

Yes I did, its something I check after every upgrade.

When I run the cron manually during the day I'm not seeing any errors in the logs and the daily scheduled crons dont run but I'm guessing that part is normal as they ran at midnight so cant be re-run during the same day even manually correct ?

Thanks

No luck, same problem.

I downloaded the full 3.1.3 package instead of the patch, unzipped it and overwrote all the files. Checked the time set on the automation page for each service and saved them just for good measure.

12am the auto debit ran again as did the create invoices etc and ignored the time set for each one.

No errors or uncompleted or still running cron tasks in the logs, just sayes each one is completed. Stripe auto debit didn't run even though the auto debit cron task said it completed.

Are you running any third-party code, plugins, modules, or anything else? What timezone are you using? Could you create a quick list of the tasks that work correctly and those that don't? And have you tried changing the time that some tasks run to see if they will run at the new time rather than at midnight?

When I run the cron manually during the day I'm not seeing any errors in the logs and the daily scheduled crons dont run but I'm guessing that part is normal as they ran at midnight so cant be re-run during the same day even manually correct ?

Yes, if the task runs once daily, it wouldn't run more than once that day whether you run it manually or not.

Stripe auto debit didn't run even though the auto debit cron task said it completed.

Any charge (failed/success) messages in the cron log from the autodebit task? There are several settings related to autodebit that need to be setup for a client to be autodebited, i.e. the client must have a payment account and that payment account must be set as their autodebit account; the client must have autodebit enabled on their account; the invoice and charge option settings (or client group settings) for autodebit days before due date and autodebit attempts need to be valid for the given invoice(s) being charged; and the currency of the invoice(s) needs to be accepted by the payment gateway.

You could try to install v3.1.2 rather than v3.1.3 to see if you continue to have this problem. This would at least tell us at which version the problem began.

Running 3.1.2

All modules up to date.

Thanks.

What's your timezone, and at what time do you have these tasks set to run?

Clean up Logs
Deliver Reports
Suspend Services
Cancel Scheduled Services
Payment Reminders
Auto Debit
Create Invoice