Hello,

The massmailler should have, (cron base), markting options such as:

Client our Product related

a )     If Client, should have the options:

- Number of Days since Registration

- Minimum and Maximum Number of Active Products/Services

b )     If Product, should have the options:

- Select multi Products/Services/Addons

- Select multi Products/Services/Addons Status (Active/Suspended/Cancelled)

- Select number of days to do an action like:

- Number of Days After Order Date

- Number of Days Before Next Due Date

- Select multi (Not Have) Products/Services/Addons

We use a lote this options (not in Blesta), and are very efficient  :)

It would also be nice if it ran better than some of the other ones out there that it doesn't need to keep your browser open/connection when sending. Had an issue yesterday sending mass mail and internet died 1/4 of the way sending the email out so a bunch of clients never got the email from us. I'd like to see that not happen here.. :)

The ideas posted above are also great.

It would also be nice if it ran better than some of the other ones out there that it doesn't need to keep your browser open/connection when sending. Had an issue yesterday sending mass mail and internet died 1/4 of the way sending the email out so a bunch of clients never got the email from us. I'd like to see that not happen here.. :)

The ideas posted above are also great.

Paulov's suggestion of making it cron based would solve the issue of requiring the browser to be active while sending. Instead, the cron could send and log the message, and the browser would simply make ajax requests to Blesta to display that log dynamically. The downside is that you'd have to wait up to 5 minutes for the message to go out.

Great suggestions

Paulov's suggestion of making it cron based would solve the issue of requiring the browser to be active while sending. Instead, the cron could send and log the message, and the browser would simply make ajax requests to Blesta to display that log dynamically. The downside is that you'd have to wait up to 5 minutes for the message to go out.

Great suggestions

Waiting 5 minutes is better than having a mass mailer timeout halfway through (like WHMCS).

Waiting 5 minutes is better than having a mass mailer timeout halfway through (like WHMCS).

I agree, and the likelihood of it timing out increases the larger your list. Personally I'm happy to build my message, select my criteria, and click "Queue for Delivery" or something and wait it out. Then, when the cron kicks in and delivery starts, I can see the progress. If my browser crashes the messages will continue to be delivered and I can go back and check on the progress.

I think cron based is the only way to go. I don't care if my email is 5 minutes from when I sent it.. the priority is for it to get there. Not once, not twice but everytime. 

What would be really could would be instead of an ajax request have a line in the system overview page that only shows up when mass mail is being sent. It would say Unsent 10 Sent 10 and display until completed. Once completed the unsent and sent lines would go away and a simple line would just say All emails sent successfully or Some emails did not send successfully click here to view details.

Edited by MemoryX2

I personally am just fine downloading a CSV and putting it through VerticalResponse. :-)

I can definitely see the value in sending directly through Blesta, but there is a point where you can run into walls, like your upstream provider thinking you are spamming.

I personally really like VerticalResponse because you can buy X number of credits and you have a whole year to use them.

I personally am just fine downloading a CSV and putting it through VerticalResponse. :-)

I can definitely see the value in sending directly through Blesta, but there is a point where you can run into walls, like your upstream provider thinking you are spamming.

I personally really like VerticalResponse because you can buy X number of credits and you have a whole year to use them.

There's a nice CSV report which exports your clients information it's in the marketplace. I use it for Mailchimp too.

• 4 months later...

It would be nice to schedule mailings by client 'groups'. For instance, if the client is in a group that owns a domain name, but no hosting, we can send them promotions and coupons for hosting without bothering those that already have hosting.

Maybe have an option in the client area "Send me X type of emails" X being a certain email type. This could include

Promotions

Server Maintenance

Security

Anything else you want

Also, there would be an override to send mail regardless of the opt-in, in case of an emergency. This option would be a separate ACL so only certain staff would be able to "override" the clients preferences.

What do you guys think?

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe have an option in the client area "Send me X type of emails" X being a certain email type. This could include

Promotions

Server Maintenance

Security

Anything else you want

Also, there would be an override to send mail regardless of the opt-in, in case of an emergency. This option would be a separate ACL so only certain staff would be able to "override" the clients preferences.

What do you guys think?

Personally I think if you are going to be sending a lot of mass mail and categorising it etc. then it would be much better to write a plugin to tightly integrate something like Mailchimp into Blesta which already has all these features and much more.

I like how mass mailing is processed in IP board 3.4.x version(maybe in other but I'm using this) where it send mails periodically in next 24hours, and admin has option to set number of e-mails per circle,I think def value for every circle is 20 mails.If you have huge number of users this is very god option.

I like how mass mailing is processed in IP board 3.4.x version(maybe in other but I'm using this) where it send mails periodically in next 24hours, and admin has option to set number of e-mails per circle,I think def value for every circle is 20 mails.If you have huge number of users this is very god option.

Yeah we've discussed this pretty extensively internally. So that we can get it out, the plugin will probably not yet tie into any third party mailers, however it will have a mechanism to queue and deliver mail systematically. So, if you're sending to a lot of people and leave the page or your browser crashes, it will still complete.