Developing A New Website

hostingboss

So for the past couple of days I have been working on building a design for my hosting company. The previous design was some random themeforest template and I wanted something original that you would not (hopefully) see another website using. I had a designer create a website about a year ago but he ended up with my money and I ended up with nothing.

So, I will put screenshots of my current website and the design I made and I would like for you to

1.) Pick which one is nicer

2.) Which you think is the themforest template.

3.) Any suggestions you have.

http://i.imgur.com/9IL3eP1.png

http://i.imgur.com/vHGhdg6.jpg

Just something interesting. :)

whichever you go with the pricing options shouldn't be all the way at the bottom. Closer to the top, would be better.

Are you suggesting this because of his price point?  I wouldn't apply this rule in general.  Some services are better off selling their product before jumping into cost.  They don't call it "damage" for nothing.  :)

Are you suggesting this because of his price point?  I wouldn't apply this rule in general.  Some services are better off selling their product before jumping into cost.  They don't call it "damage" for nothing.   :)

Nothing to do with the price, those boxes have plan information. As a visitor, I want to see what's being offered. If you can't show me the goods in 2 seconds I'm gone. Sounds rough, but people are incredibly impatient.

Edit: Probably shouldn't have said "nothing to do with the price", price matters but my point still stands -- whatcha got? :)

I like bits of both layouts.

First one.

The nav from layout 1, then the rest from layout 2, footer from layout 1 (Dark one) and I think you'd have a great layout mate.

Interesting selection of bits and piecing of the websites. I'll merge them as you described and see how it looks.

Nothing to do with the price, those boxes have plan information. As a visitor, I want to see what's being offered. If you can't show me the goods in 2 seconds I'm gone. Sounds rough, but people are incredibly impatient.

Edit: Probably shouldn't have said "nothing to do with the price", price matters but my point still stands -- whatcha got? :)

You don't care to scroll down further? Anyways appreciate the feedback.

Second.

The second Layout on the bottom where is #000 (Black), I changed to #444 (Gray),and all text, changed to #eee (Light Gray)

I Also added a Facebook Like Box Widget with Faces at bottom side by side with Twitter feed: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/like-box-for-pages 

You don't care to scroll down further? Anyways appreciate the feedback.

Every step / action users are required to make, some will drop off. You want the most important information to be "above the fold". That doesn't necessarily have to be plan information, but I've seen a lot of very effective hosting companies give priority to plan information. Whatever you display above the fold, it should draw the user in and make them want to spend some more time on your website.

I completely agree with Paul, the first thing you see on any site I've done is Navigation then prices then pictures. On my new site, it's Nav, Slider (Preview of what you can buy) then prices, then content below it.

In a shop, sweets and news papers and everything you probably don't need but probably will buy is near the checkout (Tills) to try and get you to buy them.

Well where's Blesta's pricing and packages?  :P