Going To Leave Blesta, Its Just Not Working For Me

kikloo

Question

Hi,

I am sorry to say that in less than 1 month I am tired of using blesta. It simply does'nt works for me. I don't know maybe I am doing something wrong but I am not. I added a service, created its invoice (while adding the service), recorded the payment just for that particular invoice, blesta executed the order also, but closed the wrong invoice and the invoice that I recorded the payment to is still showing pending. I simply do not understand what is wrong with blesta, the interface is so simple and but something screws up. I have to goto phpMyAdmin every time to fix things up. Really blesta just keeps on increasing work for me. So I am leaving it for now.

Thanks.

10 answers to this question

I am sure if you raised the problem to the support forum some of the people here would gladly help you. Anyways, sad to see since this genuinely is a great billing system.

Hi,

I have raised but afaik there's nothing available:

http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2964-how-do-i-invoice-a-service-which-is-not-due-yet-for-renewal/

http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2835-how-to-apply-credit-to-invoices-manually

I need both of the above in order to work properly. I don't know how you guys are handling offline payments / advance payments.

Thanks.

Hi,

I have raised but afaik there's nothing available:

http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2964-how-do-i-invoice-a-service-which-is-not-due-yet-for-renewal/

http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2835-how-to-apply-credit-to-invoices-manually

I need both of the above in order to work properly. I don't know how you guys are handling offline payments / advance payments.

Thanks.

Before you give up (because you are the only one I've seen report these problems...it might be something they haven't seen before, or something wrong with your setup), I would open a support ticket with either the blesta team (if you are a direct customer) or with whoever you purchased your license from.

The forums are not for "official" support even though the devs frequent the support section here, you might be better off receiving direct support via a ticket.

I've responded to both of your threads. The biggest issue it seems like you have is being able to manually apply credits, but there is a work around for that, which I described. If you have "Automatically Apply Loose Credits" checked under Settings > Company > Billing/Payment, then Blesta will apply overpayments/credits automatically to the oldest invoices first.

Some people don't want credits to be applied automatically, so you can uncheck this option. In 3.3, you will then be able to manually apply credits as an admin, and clients will be able to as well during checkout on an order form, or when making payment for an invoice in the client area.

Most people are content with automatic application of credits, so it hasn't got much attention, but if you want credits to be applied manually, then 3.3 will solve that for you.

It's also important to note that when an admin or client makes a payment, they can pay multiple invoices at one time, all of them, or just specific ones in specific amounts.

Hi,

I am sorry to say that in less than 1 month I am tired of using blesta. It simply does'nt works for me. I don't know maybe I am doing something wrong but I am not.

I personally think you expect the billing system to be brainy and know what you want it to do without realising it's just a billing system.

I added a service, created its invoice (while adding the service), recorded the payment just for that particular invoice, blesta executed the order also, but closed the wrong invoice and the invoice that I recorded the payment to is still showing pending.

Blesta default to apply credits to the oldest invoice as Paul stated, if you tell it you don't want to, it won't. You can record payments and tick the box next to the invoice you wish to apply the credit. You can even un-apply transactions to a invoice and void the one you don't want it to go to, and then un-void it when the payment has been applied. Remember you control it how you want it to work, it's not NASA powered.

I simply do not understand what is wrong with blesta, the interface is so simple and but something screws up. I have to goto phpMyAdmin every time to fix things up. Really blesta just keeps on increasing work for me. So I am leaving it for now.

Thanks.

Depends what you mean by screwing up, it only screws up if you expect it to do everything you want it to do without telling it. It's like telling a tv to change channel without using the remote. How does it know you want to change over? If there's something not working right and you want it to do something else tell it, if you can't open a feature request, that's what they are there for. We are here to help if you have a issue. But if you are leaving, good luck elsewhere and maybe we'll see you back in the future.

Hi,

I don't understand whats so hard in this to understand. Maybe you're thinking it you're way only. I have clients / resellers who make offline payments like depositing cash in my account, giving me cash, or putting cheques in my bank account. I have to add that payments as credits into their account for their future use. If I can add credit into the system, i / client should be able to use that credit also. There's nothing brainy about it. Its just simple accounting. Blesta is simply lacking the ability to apply credits to invoices.

You're simply not trying to understand my problem or the way things work at my end. Anyways thing is that its not letting me do anything at all. I want it to create invoice when I want, I want to apply credits myself instead of blesta doing it for me. I want it to be dumb not NASA powered. Yeah I can turn off the auto credit applying thing but what do I then do with the credits if I cannot apply them myself.

Dunno why you don't understand. I had made a billling system for myself when WHMCS was not considered good etc. and blesta did'nt even exists and it had a simple accounting system, every payment came was recorded into the client's account as a transaction as amount was credited and it could used whichever way the client wanted. Simple credit / debit system a bank does. It worked great and it was flawless. Now you will say why I don't use that, its because it lacks automation re domain registrar and cpanel etc like suspending, creating etc. When I created that billing system I had few clients with less services and I was doing everything manually but as my client base grew I need automation. Anyways thats history.

Point is that these basic things are required in order to work properly, different clients, different solutions, if blesta doesn't works I cannot refuse my clients, I will change to the software that works for me. If credit applying is not a major thing then why its coming in 3.3 version ? Its major and required. Almost any website you open allows you to put credits and apply credits manually.

I will never impose things or show inability of doing things to my clients and neither should you. Hope you understand.

Thanks.

We understand there is a legitimate need to be able to manually apply credits to future invoices, and not have them be applied automatically. This has been implemented for version 3.3, and will be part of that release.

Are there any other items that you're concerned about?

Hi,

I am again ready to give blesta a trial run. Is v3.3 out with the features I wanted ?

Thanks.

Hi,

I am again ready to give blesta a trial run. Is v3.3 out with the features I wanted ?

Thanks.

Not sure what you want, but the check box is there on the pay invoice page if there is credit available on the account. But you have to disable it automatically applying it.

settings > company > billing/invoices  > then: Uncheck Automatically Apply Loose Credits