Resell.biz Adding Domain Privacy

wfitg

Anyone using resell.biz to register domain their customer's domain names, and they want to add domain privacy to the order, they can do it by using the "options" feature.

Goto 'packages' 'options'

Create a package group named: Domain Privacy

Create a package option named: Domain Privacy

In the 'Value' box add: purchase-privacy=true

Add the option to your group and save.

Finally, update the domain package by adding the Domain Privacy Group under 'configurable options'

Done  

When the customer checks the domain privacy option box during the order process an arrow will show up on the order form under the domain name that is being ordered. It will have the additional price for privacy.

thanks for the share .

the protect privacy need a custom module to be attached to the logicbox module . we are looking for solution to achieve this task .

Solution 1 :

1 - separate module (should be package just for addons )

2 - integrated with logicbox ( the probleme we have in this it should have a separate price from the module it self (desisbled = 0 , enabled = 2$ )

we have successfullt added it to the logicbox module ,now user can enable/disable protect privacy from client side area . but we have not released it tothe public , as we know the pricavy will not be free in the future , so it can produce a probleme for reseller , as the client activate the privacy and not paying for it .

sorry , we can't publish it now , until we have a logical working solution .

It would be nice to have the option to add privacy through the user's control panel. Some people may not buy privacy when they buy the domain. But latter, when they understand how important it is, they will want to buy it. Let them buy in their CP.

Thanks for the contribution :)

And yes we use Resell.biz ;)

Glad to help. It took some time to locate "purchase-privacy=true" at the resell.biz website. They gave code to add to the module. But at the end of that long code was "purchase-privacy=true. I wondered if that is all the server needed. I tested with Blesta addon module. And it works. So good job for the folks at Blesta for adding that "value" box.

Hopefully this saves everyone some time or complicated code edits just to add domain privacy.

Glad to help. It took some time to locate "purchase-privacy=true" at the resell.biz website. They gave code to add to the module. But at the end of that long code was "purchase-privacy=true. I wondered if that is all the server needed. I tested with Blesta addon module. And it works. So good job for the folks at Blesta for adding that "value" box.

Hopefully this saves everyone some time or complicated code edits just to add domain privacy.

so if i will understand , the Configurable Options will add the var purchase-privacy=true to the module vars in creation ?

so if i will understand , the Configurable Options will add the var purchase-privacy=true to the module vars in creation ?

https://test.httpapi.com/api/domains/transfer.xml?auth-userid=0&api-key=key&domain-name=domain.com&auth-code=auth-code&ns=ns1.domain.com&ns=ns2.domain.com&customer-id=0&reg-contact-id=0&admin-contact-id=0&tech-contact-id=0&billing-contact-id=0&invoice-option=NoInvoice&purchase-privacy=true
http://cp.us2.net/kb/answer/778

http://cp.us2.net/kb/answer/2084

Setup your selling price to "non zero" in resell cp

But as I said. All the module needs is the value at the end to work as an 'add on' option.

Thanks for sharing this workaround - hopefully Blesta will soon put this feature in the module itself as Paul has already made a note of this issue:

The domain plugin belongs to CORE-818. I've added a note to the task regarding domain privacy. The plugin would likely give the client the ability to disable and re-enable privacy protection as is often necessary (when purchasing an SSL certificate that requires verification for example). The price and ability to purchase the privacy protection would likely be set up through a configurable option, and the module / plugin would provision it automatically.

http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2225-resellerclub-charging-for-privacy-protect-services/?p=17110

Thanks for sharing this workaround - hopefully Blesta will soon put this feature in the module itself as Paul has already made a note of this issue:

http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2225-resellerclub-charging-for-privacy-protect-services/?p=17110

Paul seems to stay on top of things. It would be nice to also collect more money for a premium domain name using the plug-in.

For instance, if our fee is 10.00 for a domain name but the premium name costs us 20, it would be nice to have a feature to "add $x if premium name"

I'm sure there are a lot of resellers that do not bother with the newer or premium domain names because it is difficult to collect the additional money.

I tried setting up 2 logic boxes. One for regular and one for premium names. This did not work or I did something wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

thanks for the share .

the protect privacy need a custom module to be attached to the logicbox module . we are looking for solution to achieve this task .

Solution 1 :

1 - separate module (should be package just for addons )

2 - integrated with logicbox ( the probleme we have in this it should have a separate price from the module it self (desisbled = 0 , enabled = 2$ )

we have successfullt added it to the logicbox module ,now user can enable/disable protect privacy from client side area . but we have not released it tothe public , as we know the pricavy will not be free in the future , so it can produce a probleme for reseller , as the client activate the privacy and not paying for it .

This sounds great NaJa. When do you think we can test drive it?

• 1 year later...

Anyone using resell.biz to register domain their customer's domain names, and they want to add domain privacy to the order, they can do it by using the "options" feature.

Goto 'packages' 'options'

Create a package group named: Domain Privacy

Create a package option named: Domain Privacy

In the 'Value' box add: purchase-privacy=true

Add the option to your group and save.

Finally, update the domain package by adding the Domain Privacy Group under 'configurable options'

Done  

When the customer checks the domain privacy option box during the order process an arrow will show up on the order form under the domain name that is being ordered. It will have the additional price for privacy.

I have tried this setup, but it just is not working for me in Blesta 3.6.0

Whilst this does add the option on the order form, the information (i.e. domain privacy is not being switched on) is just not being sent to the test logicbox account I have set up along with the domain order.

Any ideas?

• 4 months later...

I have tried this setup, but it just is not working for me in Blesta 3.6.0

Whilst this does add the option on the order form, the information (i.e. domain privacy is not being switched on) is just not being sent to the test logicbox account I have set up along with the domain order.

Any ideas?

if in your resell.biz account you have the price set to zero then try the following instead of purchase-privacy=true:

protect-privacy=true 

I haven't tested it yet but here's some privacy api docs (scroll down to api changes) 

http://my.resellerbiz.net/kb/answer/2084