Paypal Standard Error

astroroxy

Looks like you're blocking POST requests from PayPal's IPN, given that the POST data is empty: "a:0:{}"

This could be one of two things:

1. You have PHPIDS plugin enabled and it thinks PayPal's IPNs are attacks -- check your PHPIDS log, adjust settings as necessary, OR
  2. Your server is misconfigured and is not allowing POST data from PayPal's IPN service.

Looks like you're blocking POST requests from PayPal's IPN, given that the POST data is empty: "a:0:{}"

This could be one of two things:

1. You have PHPIDS plugin enabled and it thinks PayPal's IPNs are attacks -- check your PHPIDS log, adjust settings as necessary, OR
  2. Your server is misconfigured and is not allowing POST data from PayPal's IPN service.

Hmm, Well I do not have phpids installed.

It could be on paypals end. I was playing around with the IPN settings to get it to work with no luck.

What's odd is when someone makes a paypal payment, there is no entry in the logs, just this one entry when I  was messing with the IPN settings, and did a "resend".

Is it normal not to have anything logged?

Also is IPN required to be enabled, and what are the proper setttings?

Thanks.

It could be on paypals end. I was playing around with the IPN settings to get it to work with no luck.

What's odd is when someone makes a paypal payment, there is no entry in the logs, just this one entry when I  was messing with the IPN settings, and did a "resend".

Thanks.

You don't need it enabled but sometimes PayPal plays up, just because PayPal is PayPal... haha.

http://yourdomain.com/callback/gw/paypal_payments_standard/

or if you installed Blesta in a folder

http://yourdomain.com/foldername/callback/gw/paypal_payments_standard/

That's no odd at all. Blesta doesn't know someone has payed with PayPal until PayPal sends the IPN.

It wouldn't be normal for nothing to be logged. But that's not the case for you. You are getting data logged. It just so happens that the POST data is empty, and that's not normal.

Thanks.

You shouldn't need to change anything with your configuration. PayPal is clearly hitting your server with IPN requests. The problem is none of the post data comes in. I have no doubt PayPal would not just send empty data to you -- so it's definitely a software/server/firewall issue.

What version of Blesta are you running?

It wouldn't be normal for nothing to be logged. But that's not the case for you. You are getting data logged. It just so happens that the POST data is empty, and that's not normal.

The only happened when I was messing around with the IPN settings, now nothing happens

You shouldn't need to change anything with your configuration. PayPal is clearly hitting your server with IPN requests. The problem is none of the post data comes in. I have no doubt PayPal would not just send empty data to you -- so it's definitely a software/server/firewall issue.

I had to change it because it was setup for a different panel.

What version of Blesta are you running?

• 2 years later...