Add Option To Disable Client Tax Id

flangefrog

On the client's "Edit My Information" page there is a field marked Tax ID/VATIN. I have no idea what this is used for but in New Zealand and probably many other countries it is not applicable.

this option most used in europe countries , if the client is a company or person , he should add Tax ID/VATIN , as per some regios they are excluded from tax per this Tax ID/VATIN .

and this Tax ID/VATIN should be shwon in the invoice .

+1, I can see this causing a lot of confusion for clients any may put some off. Would love to be able to disable it.

I'm not sure if it's the same in the hosting industry but no-one has complained to us (We've used Blesta for over a year) they just don't enter it or if they do they do.

I'm not sure if it's the same in the hosting industry but no-one has complained to us (We've used Blesta for over a year) they just don't enter it or if they do they do.

For game hosting, a lot of them are young and will get worried about things like that. Having the option to disable it  would be great.

For game hosting, a lot of them are young and will get worried about things like that. Having the option to disable it  would be great.

Agreed it would be nice to turn on and off, and as for young, they should really get parents permission else you could end up breaking the law yourself.

Agreed it would be nice to turn on and off, and as for young, they should really get parents permission else you could end up breaking the law yourself.

Indeed, this will be stated. Either way, parents may be concerned about it too. Though, this doesn't stop people faking their age and such, something most companies suffer from.

IMHO the problem is with the wording. If the label said: VATAN (where applicable),I don't think many users would have a problem with it.

People in America and other places use their social security number as a "Tax ID". Users think we are asking for their social security number to register. I have never been asked to gave my social security number to buy something on the Internet. Ebay, Amazon, none of them ask for a tax-id or SSN to make a purchase.

No one wants to list their social security number unless it is an absolutely necessary. Web-hosting does not qualify as "needing to know" someone's social security number.

Some users could misunderstand the form and think we are scamming them just to get their financial information.

I've never heard of anyone confusing a Tax ID with a SSN, but I suppose anything's possible. Just another reason to have optional field support for you to set what you require.

Well, the lable says

<label for="tax_id">Tax ID/VATIN</label>

Many would not confuse Tax ID number with SSN. But many would. Here is a tread asking that very question:

"I was going to sign up for pepperjam and it wanted my tax id number. Isn't that my social security number? Thanks."

http://www.abestweb.com/forums/ebay-enterprise-affiliate-network-480/my-tax-id-number-my-ssn-137413.html

"The IRS, or Internal Revenue Service, keeps track of the money earned by individuals and businesses in the United States. It tracks income by an identifying number, typically your Social Security number -- a number assigned to individuals -- or Federal Tax ID number, also called an Employer Identification Number (EIN) -- assigned to businesses or organizations."

People who do not own a business are use to using their SSN as a Tax ID on Government forms. So there is where some confusion take place.

But like you said, Blesta already has a plan to make it optional.

Well, the lable says

<label for="tax_id">Tax ID/VATIN</label>

Many would not confuse Tax ID number with SSN. But many would. Here is a tread asking that very question:

"I was going to sign up for pepperjam and it wanted my tax id number. Isn't that my social security number? Thanks."

http://www.abestweb.com/forums/ebay-enterprise-affiliate-network-480/my-tax-id-number-my-ssn-137413.html

"The IRS, or Internal Revenue Service, keeps track of the money earned by individuals and businesses in the United States. It tracks income by an identifying number, typically your Social Security number -- a number assigned to individuals -- or Federal Tax ID number, also called an Employer Identification Number (EIN) -- assigned to businesses or organizations."

People who do not own a business are use to using their SSN as a Tax ID on Government forms. So there is where some confusion take place.

But like you said, Blesta already has a plan to make it optional.

I suppose it's down to common sense SSN / EIN in usa is yours in uk it's NI Number.

I suppose it's down to common sense SSN / EIN in usa is yours in uk it's NI Number.

It is a matter of common sense. So we agree.

But as I have said in the past, it is always best to keep things as clear as possible for the website user. Leave no doubt in their mind regarding "click here" or "Fill this out" or using a clear description on a form. Doing this can cut down on support calls and needless emails

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This does not working... I tried using this to remove the Tax ID field and this plugin is buggy and doesn't work.

Please fix your script, so that it's useful for people and works as intended.  It saves my entires, however they don't actually save and they don't appear in the 'list'.

I followed the directions to a "T" and this doesn't work for me.

This does not working... I tried using this to remove the Tax ID field and this plugin is buggy and doesn't work.

Please fix your script, so that it's useful for people and works as intended.  It saves my entires, however they don't actually save and they don't appear in the 'list'.

I followed the directions to a "T" and this doesn't work for me.

are you reference to my plugin ?

i have test it now and the tax-id in not displaying in the client edit page .

first , to debug the probleme, when you load the client side , check the html page source and see if the header has aded the css file style .

if the plugin has not worked for you , that not mean is not working , maybe there are something special for you that not let the plugin work , the same as blesta it self , so many poeple can't get it installed , that not mean blesta is not working , all my plugin i test them before any release , is there is a bug i'm open to correct it , but i can not correct something like "is not working!!" . in the plugin thread post more info that i can track or make it working for you .