Upgrading Without Buying Support

mustking

Question

Hi,

I am using WHMCS monthly license right now and want to move to blesta can you please advice me just 2 main reason to move to blesta?

Furthermore, I want to know about updates like in WHMCS whenever new version comes out we do not have to pay other then the yearly support and updates fees and as a alternative we can download the latest version from softaculous if we do not have an active whmcs support plan. Do is it possible with blesta to install updates without having active support plan?

Thank you

8 answers to this question

1. Blesta is secure, don't just take my word for it:

- http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=8898652&postcount=14

- http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=8885045&postcount=183

2. Blesta is simpler:

Add a package
WHMCS: Settings > Products > add
Blesta: Packages > Add package

Change Admin theme (Customer theme)
WHMCS: Settings > General > General > Templates
Blesta: Settings > Company > Look and Feel

View support tickets
WHMCS: Support > Support Tickets > All active tickets
Blesta: Support

-------

Furthermore, I want to know about updates like in WHMCS whenever new version comes out we do not have to pay other then the yearly support and updates fees and as a alternative we can download the latest version from softaculous if we do not have an active whmcs support plan. Do is it possible with blesta to install updates without having active support plan?

You need to have a active Support & Updates plan on Owned licenses every year for $32 (Cheaper than WHM**), unless you buy the Blesta Lifetime license.

As Blesta is secure you don't really need to update, anyway unless you really want to. Patches (3.2.x+ are free I believe) so you can have 3.2.1-->3.2.99 (If that happens very unlikely).

You need to have a active Support & Updates plan on Owned licenses every year for $32 (Cheaper than WHM**), unless you buy the Blesta Lifetime license. As Blesta is secure you don't really need to update, anyway unless you really want to. Patches (3.2.x+ are free I believe) so you can have 3.2.1-->3.2.99 (If that happens very unlikely).

What if 3.3 comes out do i have to pay for upgrade or my yearly support and update plan includes it if i have owned unbranded license not lifetime license...

Thanks for quick reply...

You need to have a active Support & Updates plan on Owned licenses every year for $32 (Cheaper than WHM**), unless you buy the Blesta Lifetime license. As Blesta is secure you don't really need to update, anyway unless you really want to. Patches (3.2.x+ are free I believe) so you can have 3.2.1-->3.2.99 (If that happens very unlikely).

What if 3.3 comes out do i have to pay for upgrade or my yearly support and update plan includes it if i have owned unbranded license not lifetime license...

Thanks for quick reply...

As long as you have the support and update, you can download 3.3, 3.4, 3.5 as long as it's in the year. If you buy from Blesta the support is helpful, otherwise you'll just be paying for the update rights. As the provider should provide the support for you. But there's free support here on the forums from the developers, and us the community who are here to help at all times.

How if we buy a Blesta license from external reseller, like Licensepal? Is this include a free support from Blesta or we must contact Licensepal?

You should contact LicensePal for support however I'm not sure if Jay does provide support since on their website they state Blesta provides the support, however they don't unless you post on the forum. But to clear it up better for you please visit: http://docs.blesta.com/display/support/Getting+Support#GettingSupport-SupportAccess

Try lisencecart Mike is good one contact external reseller. Blesta don't provide support via support ticket.Forums support possible.

Thank you for your recommendation mate, and correct for non direct customers the forums are available where you get support from us the community and the developers.