Deny Register Of Duplicated Email

Blesta Addons

Question

Hello All

due to a bussy work , i have not the time to search and inspire solution , so i act to ask the queston here and see what other has done for this semilar case .

i want to disable registration with email already exist , i don't need to change core files . from my todo list for this "my solution was :

1 - a jquery request to custom php file that search for the email ,if exist disable the sent button and make the field in red .

2 - use a plugin with preAction event . (this solution is not possible because the preAction can't return a Set Error message .

so it remain now the first option . i believe if the there is a event before client::add or user:add can solve the isseu .

any one has already made a working solution .

NOTE : i can make it but i have no time to do it now .

@Blesta_Staff -> more events == more plugins for the community .

6 answers to this question

the way I did this was with editing out the option to register with a username (posted as a contribution, I think someone posted a vqmod method of doing it as well).  I think there's also a feature request floating around for it as well.  Having this standard as default would be nice though.

Being able to disable users registering with a username or with email (selectable in admin section) would be nice, but either one they choose, I think being able to reject duplicate emails would be a nice feature.

A nice feature request, it stops the same username not sure about email address.

i know there are a feature request for this already , i'm asl*king if someone has already donea solution for that .

the way I did this was with editing out the option to register with a username (posted as a contribution, I think someone posted a vqmod method of doing it as well).  I think there's also a feature request floating around for it as well.  Having this standard as default would be nice though.

Being able to disable users registering with a username or with email (selectable in admin section) would be nice, but either one they choose, I think being able to reject duplicate emails would be a nice feature.

ihave readthe above thred , i not asking how to disable registration with username instead of email , i'm asking if the email already exist , how to stop it , i know also that can be done with hacking core file , i'm asking of already someone has done a plugin or sometip to prevent that case .

if no , i'm obliged to spent some time to do this task .

i know there are a feature request for this already , i'm asl*king if someone has already donea solution for that .

ihave readthe above thred , i not asking how to disable registration with username instead of email , i'm asking if the email already exist , how to stop it , i know also that can be done with hacking core file , i'm asking of already someone has done a plugin or sometip to prevent that case .

if no , i'm obliged to spent some time to do this task .

gotcha.

I haven't see anything that has been done for this specific case so far.  Only thing I've seen is a VqMod script to disable the username field, and I can't seem to track that down either.

I'd use it if you made it :), seems like it would fit well with your Admin Tools plugin.