Not Sure If It Is A Bug...

Michael

Reported by my customer, the invoice dates don't seem correct.

New invoice comes up as (12 Sep 2014 - 01 Oct 2014) When issued with the new period.

But when a customer pays both aka after the Pro rata Cutoff Day period the invoice shows:

(27 Sep 2014 - 01 Oct 2014)

(01 Oct 2014 - 01 Nov 2014)

Which is correct.

Generated by Cron:

post-38-0-40187600-1411818905_thumb.png

New order after cut off day:

post-38-0-73644300-1411818912_thumb.png

The one created by cron looks like a set of the same services (2 orders) added separately, pro rata only (no cut off). Can you confirm?

The cron one is 4 orders correct. however they was paid firstly on the 12th of October, before my cut off date which is the 23rd of each month.

Maybe I'm a little confused as to what the issue is exactly.

If you have pro rata setup for the packages in your first screenshot, and the customer ordered those 4 services, then it looks correct in that it's billing the partial month between Sept 12 and your pro rata day (1st of the month) --i.e. Sept 12 - Oct 1.

In the second screenshot, since you have a pro rata cut off day set to the 23rd of the month, and they ordered it on the 27th, they are charged the partial month (Sept 27 - Oct 1) plus the full term for the next interval (Oct 1 - Nov 1).

Both seem correct to me. How do these orders differ from what you're expecting?

Maybe I'm a little confused as to what the issue is exactly.

If you have pro rata setup for the packages in your first screenshot, and the customer ordered those 4 services, then it looks correct in that it's billing the partial month between Sept 12 and your pro rata day (1st of the month) --i.e. Sept 12 - Oct 1.

In the second screenshot, since you have a pro rata cut off day set to the 23rd of the month, and they ordered it on the 27th, they are charged the partial month (Sept 27 - Oct 1) plus the full term for the next interval (Oct 1 - Nov 1).

Both seem correct to me. How do these orders differ from what you're expecting?

The first one mate:

Ordered 12th September.. Invoiced 12th September - 1st October.

Then invoiced by cron an invoice due which should be 1st October - 1st November not the 12th September - 1st October.

The first one mate:

Ordered 12th September.. Invoiced 12th September - 1st October.

Then invoiced by cron an invoice due which should be 1st October - 1st November not the 12th September - 1st October.

Why would the first invoice have services from Oct 1 to Nov 1, but not the prorated days from Sep 12 to Oct 1?

Why would the first invoice have services from Oct 1 to Nov 1, but not the prorated days from Sep 12 to Oct 1?

Because the first invoice was before our cut off date. Therefore wasn't billed for the full month but from 12 - 30th, then they get invoiced from the 1st onwards.

• 4 weeks later...

Hah!

The issue sounds like it may be the bug described in CORE-1390 where the service renew dates shown in the invoice line item description are incorrect after service renewals. The old renew dates were shown rather than the new renew dates, so it would appear the dates were a month older than they actually are. Licensecart, does this sound like the issue you described?

• 2 weeks later...