Override Price Per Package

Blesta Addons

Hello

the Override Price feature is very helpfull , but why not a Override Price per package , as the actual sceanario we can Override Price per service .

the case :

you have a reseller or potential user , every time he order a service A , we need to Override Price per every service order  .

if we can Override Price per package, we don't need to change the price every new order .

i hope it has sense for other .

EDIT : just to note make them a custom or restriced package is not usefful , as we need to list all the package in the order form .

I'm not sure I understand. If a reseller or potential user orders a service, and you have to go override the price for it, why is the package not setup at that price to begin with?

And if there were an override package price option, where would that appear? I think you'd either have it on the package itself, which is redundant, or on the service, which already supports price overrides. So I'm not sure how this would be useful.

I'm not sure I understand. If a reseller or potential user orders a service, and you have to go override the price for it, why is the package not setup at that price to begin with?

And if there were an override package price option, where would that appear? I think you'd either have it on the package itself, which is redundant, or on the service, which already supports price overrides. So I'm not sure how this would be useful.

For example, You can charge everyone a price say $9 but for this customer you want to charge them only $8, the only way to do it is by coupon or by edit the package to override the price every time they order it.

For example, You can charge everyone a price say $9 but for this customer you want to charge them only $8, the only way to do it is by coupon or by edit the package to override the price every time they order it.

Ah, so a special price override specific to a client and package term combination. That makes more sense, but does add to the complexity of package pricing and management.

Ah, so a special price override specific to a client and package term combination. That makes more sense, but does add to the complexity of package pricing and management.

Yeah so I thought maybe there could be a way to do it per group instead of a client on their own, but that could be complicated too.

let say i have package X with 10$ , i want to make it 8$ for just some clients . the acual solution is to make duplicated package and pass the orderlink just for this client . or we should give him discount coupon .

the probleme with this , if the client give the coupon to other he can go with , or if the client pass the url to other he can order this service . also we need some sort of transparency in our order form , order page for all , only if the client is logged the price change .

yes is maybe complexe , or it maybe ned ajust a some sort of reflexion and making the right way todo it with some few lines .

• 6 months later...

Hello Blesta Staff .

is thier any possibilities to make this via a plugin ?

any road to go with it is trivial for us now .

NOTE : buycpanel has this option , when we login the order frm show the secial prices for us , not the default price . it save time for us to contact theme in every new command, and save time for him to repsponse a new ticket .

Hello Blesta Staff .

is thier any possibilities to make this via a plugin ?

any road to go with it is trivial for us now .

NOTE : buycpanel has this option , when we login the order frm show the secial prices for us , not the default price . it save time for us to contact theme in every new command, and save time for him to repsponse a new ticket .

I think they go by tiers they select the price for you via their API.

but they have price based on package , not on service .

No I mean like:

if( $tier === '2'){
    $blesta = '8.00';
}else{
    $blesta = '9.00';
}

So if you are on tier 2 you get a discount instead of their other price and then as you grow the api selects other prices to charge you.

With the way pricing is structured, I don't see a way for a plugin to force a package to be charged for a different price than it has set.

for that reason i asked the help , i think i have a poor skil in php to achieve this task, but it apear is impossible .

my only solution is to hack the order core files , that is what i heat .

@Tyson , when the order plugin will have some events ? i think you hve got my attention (force service price change in order form via events :)

This is what restricted packages really are for. The issue however, is that we have not yet made restricted packages show on order forms. If added to an order form, restricted packages should only appear to users who have access to those packages under their client profile > Actions > Set Packages and whom are authenticated. Without the ability for clients to order restricted packages they have access to, restricted packages can only be administered by staff.

Price overrides work well for one off price reductions that are unique per client, and Restricted Packages work for selling in tiers (Once we can get it working with the order form).

Our Blesta reseller plugin that we use internally adds monthly licenses as "one time" services and handles the billing for them via its own automation task. It allows clients to be added as resellers, and pricing tiers to be assigned to them. This is similar in a sense to the other methods, and what you describe, but it requires the plugin to take over invoicing, which is currently only possible for one-time package options. I mention this as it's a unique way of handling tier based recurring billing using a single package.

I think we were considering an event or feature where a package could get its pricing from a module or plugin. Such a case would allow the plugin to determine the pricing within itself.

This is what restricted packages really are for. The issue however, is that we have not yet made restricted packages show on order forms. If added to an order form, restricted packages should only appear to users who have access to those packages under their client profile > Actions > Set Packages and whom are authenticated. Without the ability for clients to order restricted packages they have access to, restricted packages can only be administered by staff.

Price overrides work well for one off price reductions that are unique per client, and Restricted Packages work for selling in tiers (Once we can get it working with the order form).

Our Blesta reseller plugin that we use internally adds monthly licenses as "one time" services and handles the billing for them via its own automation task. It allows clients to be added as resellers, and pricing tiers to be assigned to them. This is similar in a sense to the other methods, and what you describe, but it requires the plugin to take over invoicing, which is currently only possible for one-time package options. I mention this as it's a unique way of handling tier based recurring billing using a single package.

I think we were considering an event or feature where a package could get its pricing from a module or plugin. Such a case would allow the plugin to determine the pricing within itself.

restricted package is something that i can't use , why ? if i have 20 packages for hosting , and 20 packages for some TLD domains , and i have about 40 or 50 resellers , imagine how many package should i have in my system , and it hard to change prices in case of increase/decrease . but if the restricted package is available in the order form is something that i will add to my solutions list .

the methode fo reseller plugin is something interesting to go with it , it need a lot of code and work to achieve this task via it .

my best idea that i have made a shema for it was :

1 - a plugin that i will set prices for clients (Aka resellers ) or for clients group to be used for a specific package .

2 - event in order form , this event will check if the client has a special price for the package in the cart , if yes it will add the overrided price to the service in the cart , this way the invoice generated will have the special price , and the recurrent price for renewals .

the only probleme that i have in this is when i wat to change the prices (increase/decrease) (i need to change all the services -- the only solution is a custom mysql query to change them ).

but to achieve this the only solution ib event in order form , or i should create my custom order template .

Changing the prices on the order form wouldn't affect the pricing that is used when the invoice is created. The order form just shows what a service should cost, in order to show it to the customer. It cannot specify override pricing itself.

For something like this to work, it would need to either work as Paul described, or additional support needs to be integrated that allows you to specify which clients have override pricing for which packages (however that would be designed), and the rest of the system would need to observe that. It wouldn't be a simple change to get something like this to work properly.