Domain Registration With Universal Module

linverts

Question

Would this be popular? I've had to make a universal domain module to sell TLDs for which I don't have an API. Most importantly, it adds the TLD extension to the order form and checks availability. It also does DNS / nameserver lookups. That's about all the functionality it has, but it should work with any domain name extension. If it's something that's popular, I'd be happy to release the code.

Hi Netlink,

I´m an newbie in blesta and like to sell domains. I thought blesta can do this.....

But I think, I need what you wrote. "Most importantly, it adds the TLD extension to the order form and checks availability."

Wishes from germany

Nikko

Hi Netlink,

I´m an newbie in blesta and like to sell domains. I thought blesta can do this.....

But I think, I need what you wrote. "Most importantly, it adds the TLD extension to the order form and checks availability."

Wishes from germany

Nikko

Here ya go...

https://github.com/NETLINK/Blesta-UniversalDomains

No problem!

Nikko, just in case you are registering .de domains, Namecheap offer those for under €9 per year, and Namecheap does have an API for Blesta, although, I spotted a couple of bugs the other day. It should still be usable, though.

Sorry, it wasn't the Namecheap module. It was the GoGetSSL module I had some issues with.

Hi

I want to register a domain receives an error when I go to the payment process:

SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1048 Column 'module_row_id' cannot be null on line 124 in /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/lib/model.php

Sounds like you have the module twice in the database. I would re-install the module or check the database to ensure there's only one record for the module.

In database there is only one: "Universal Domains Module universal_domains 1.0.7-alpha" but module name missing.

Okay, got it. You have to create an account before you can use the module. I'll fix that, but you'll get it working by doing the following:

Go to Settings -> Modules -> Installed.

Click Manage beside the Universal Domains Module.

Enter a username and password (it can be anything at all, as it currently doesn't have any function).

Go to Packages and edit your domain package. Click Save to update the module.

The module name should now be entered correctly and you should be able to register domains.

Well, it works!!!

So  :)

"If you’d like to update the nameservers for this domain name, please open a support ticket."

Is it possible to create the DNS tab, plus e-mail notification of the change and add the DNS record in the database?

It's just a tiny suggestion  :blesta:

Suggestions are good :)

I've added it here, as an enhancement:

https://github.com/NETLINK/Blesta-UniversalDomains/issues/3

from the code it use a remote xmlapi website that is not free . is better to make a lookup class that will do the trick .

Oh yes, I forgot about that! Sorry, I've been switching between so many projects lately. That's why I had the fields for username and password :D

I'll have to come back to that and see if I can come up with an alternative.

This is the API I used:

https://www.whoisxmlapi.com/

Actually, I already have one. I'll change it in the next version. Probably be next week.

recently i used this class https://github.com/HelgeSverre/Domain-Availability .

but finally i have come to my own class that i use it now in my new order form , i will release it soon . then you can integrate it to your own module .