Custom Account Numbers

Alexander Orlov

You can edit that value if you don't want to start at 1500 and I suppose you could put a custom value in.

I'm sure there used to be a config file you could edit to set it you could in 2.5, I can't find the file in 3.x though so I could be wrong.

You can edit it via the settings in the database however. 

In your Blesta database head over to the settings table. It's the 

clients_start

value.

I was thinking of doing it as a company change not a database change so would allow customers to customize it without having the knowledge of being able to edit the data base.

It's not really recommended to change it as your staff accounts use it too (since that's why they reserve up-to 1500).

There is a way to change the IDs, however I don't believe it can be set in the UI at the moment.

In the company_settings table, look for the key matching clients_format where the company_id= the company ID you are changing. If you have 1 company, this is most likely "1". Change the value from {num} to something containing {num}.

For example 2014{num}. That would preface each client ID with 2014. However, if you're planning to use dates, you will need to change this setting manually as there is no other supported tags as far as I am aware.

It's not really recommended to change it as your staff accounts use it too (since that's why they reserve up-to 1500).

Wait....

Our clients start at 1, and we have had no issues with staff. Do you think that there could be something going on behind the scenes that will cause an issue in the future?

Wait....

Our clients start at 1, and we have had no issues with staff. Do you think that there could be something going on behind the scenes that will cause an issue in the future?

This was a restriction in Blesta for versions 1.x-2.x. It's no longer an issue in v3, their is no reason to reserve a range of ID's for staff any longer. Previously, staff and clients logged in at the same place and could use their ID or their email so it was necessary to prevent overlap to distinguish staff and client accounts. No longer.

This was a restriction in Blesta for versions 1.x-2.x. It's no longer an issue in v3, their is no reason to reserve a range of ID's for staff any longer. Previously, staff and clients logged in at the same place and could use their ID or their email so it was necessary to prevent overlap to distinguish staff and client accounts. No longer.

OK! Thanks for the clarification!