Mass Mail

tlchosting

Question

Is there still no way to mass mail, this is the only feature that puts me off.

You have a lot of alternatives, MassMail its not an excuse to not buy Blesta :) you still can send emails to clients, only cannot sellect them all ad send one email to all at the same time, but for that you have a lot of alternatives:

Free Alternatives that can be instaled along with Blesta:

PHPList: https://www.phplist.com/

pommo: http://www.pommo.org/

Mailman: http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/

Cheap Paid Alternatives OWNED (pay only one time and its yours):

Pro Paid Alternatives:

ActiveCampaign: http://www.activecampaign.com/ (the best of best, they also have an hosted solution)

Interspire: http://www.interspire.com/emailmarketer/

Otech: http://octeth.com/

Area anything else missing on Blesta? only MassMailler mathers?

;)

I see your point,

by the way if you export your customer table from the database, you could after that mass email using your provider/solutions

Thanks and I know but when your client list is always updating it makes it more of a hassle then what it would be like to message direct from blesta. Look at all the other billing systems like whmcs, hostbill, clientexec, phpcoin and few others they all have a way to message from the billing script. I was was hostbill when they started they were cheap very enhanced but simple software. The only reason for leaving was staff attitude and the fact they made it hard for small reseller clients to afford it.

I know it's coming shortly, it won't be long after 3.5 but I don't know what the guys have planned for the next version.

Thats great, i know you guys are busy and have lots to do but I do beleave that there are some features that should be added with out question and made a piority to others exspecialy when it realy is only a small change to blesta.

Blesta to mailchimp. Very easy to import. Just a little phpmadmin work and you got your mass mail plugin : P

I have 2 businesses to run and really don't have the time. Also like I said before you would have to keep importing the new clients and plus really you should have there permission to add to a mailing list software hence the reason why most scripts have a aopt out option but admin has a choice to override if it is a importent announcement.

You have a lot of alternatives, MassMail its not an excuse to not buy Blesta :) you still can send emails to clients, only cannot sellect them all ad send one email to all at the same time, but for that you have a lot of alternatives:

Free Alternatives that can be instaled along with Blesta:

PHPList: https://www.phplist.com/

pommo: http://www.pommo.org/

Mailman: http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/

Cheap Paid Alternatives OWNED (pay only one time and its yours):

Pro Paid Alternatives:

ActiveCampaign: http://www.activecampaign.com/ (the best of best, they also have an hosted solution)

Interspire: http://www.interspire.com/emailmarketer/

Otech: http://octeth.com/

Area anything else missing on Blesta? only MassMailler mathers?

;)

No there is a list of features I would love to see on blesta and not having mass mail will not stop me using blesta as our own billing system as well are provider, the only issue I have had in the past that made me move away for a while was the module bugs. But they seem to be fixed now.

Thanks and I know but when your client list is always updating it makes it more of a hassle then what it would be like to message direct from blesta. Look at all the other billing systems like whmcs, hostbill, clientexec, phpcoin and few others they all have a way to message from the billing script. I was was hostbill when they started they were cheap very enhanced but simple software. The only reason for leaving was staff attitude and the fact they made it hard for small reseller clients to afford it.

Thats great, i know you guys are busy and have lots to do but I do beleave that there are some features that should be added with out question and made a piority to others exspecialy when it realy is only a small change to blesta.

I have 2 businesses to run and really don't have the time. Also like I said before you would have to keep importing the new clients and plus really you should have there permission to add to a mailing list software hence the reason why most scripts have a aopt out option but admin has a choice to override if it is a importent announcement.

No there is a list of features I would love to see on blesta and not having mass mail will not stop me using blesta as our own billing system as well are provider, the only issue I have had in the past that made me move away for a while was the module bugs. But they seem to be fixed now.

Ah just to let you know mate I don't work for Blesta ;)

Ah just to let you know mate I don't work for Blesta ;)

I know I have visited your site before and spoke to you direct on there.

:)

I'm in the middle of spec'ing this out. It may be a good time to revisit and discuss any "must have" features.

I think that is a great idear. Also I would be happy to beta test if needed to test and also provide services.

I know I have visited your site before and spoke to you direct on there.

:)

I think that is a great idear. Also I would be happy to beta test if needed to test and also provide services.

What features are you expecting in a mass mailer?

• Filter by criteria
  • Compose and send email with tag replacements, or export client list to CSV

In terms of criteria to filter by, here's a short list off the top of my head: Client Group, Custom Client Fields, Client Status, Language. Module, Module Row (for example, Server in case of a cPanel module), Package.

What features are you expecting in a mass mailer?

• Filter by criteria
  • Compose and send email with tag replacements, or export client list to CSV

In terms of criteria to filter by, here's a short list off the top of my head: Client Group, Custom Client Fields, Client Status, Language. Module, Module Row (for example, Server in case of a cPanel module), Package.

How about the ability to filter out certain emails based on regexp if you perhaps didn't want to send to anyone on Hotmail, etc.?

The ability to rate-limit these sending of course is a very important feature.

How about the ability to filter out certain emails based on regexp if you perhaps didn't want to send to anyone on Hotmail, etc.?

The ability to rate-limit these sending of course is a very important feature.

Most people don't know how to write regex's, but I could see this as being useful as an "advanced" feature.

We have had several discussions about how to efficiently deliver the emails, considering there could be very many. I believe we currently do some rate limiting in Swiftmailer, and for SMTP connections, limit the number of emails sent per SMTP connection so that they are sent in sort of "batches". If the email process fails, we want it to also be able to pick up where it left off. So, what we are leaning to do is to generate a CSV always and write it to disk. Then, we can store how many emails we've sent and if the process fails we can pick up where we left off. These CSV files would then would also allow a history of mass mailings to be stored, along with corresponding information in the database about each "campaign". Email will be delivered by cron, and you could view a "job" in the UI and see the status of the mailing.

This thread does not have a link to the task, so here we go for reference - CORE-621

Some details have been updated in the task that better describes filter criteria I am proposing as well as other details. If you have any suggestions, please let us know. Also keep in mind that we want to keep the initial release relatively light, and focus largely on the most important features. (For example, later we hope to be able to export to Campaign Monitor and other email campaign softwares)

if that's not too hard to implement:

+ 1 for be able to define the sending rate, because it's too easy to be banned by free email providers, and a lot of customers are using them.

or a just generic csv exporter, can be fine, as there are soo much different email gateway providers

This thread does not have a link to the task, so here we go for reference - CORE-621

Some details have been updated in the task that better describes filter criteria I am proposing as well as other details. If you have any suggestions, please let us know. Also keep in mind that we want to keep the initial release relatively light, and focus largely on the most important features. (For example, later we hope to be able to export to Campaign Monitor and other email campaign softwares)

Filter by gateway mate?

So send emails to PayPal users say for PayPal maintenance? etc.

and what about a background proccess via crontask ?

if i have 3500 clients , i will not stand front of the screen to see is completed or not .

also a log os sending like

sending email to xxxxxx1@xxxx.xx , userid "1111" has been "success"

sending email to xxxxxx1@xxxx.xx , userid "1112" has been "failed"

sending email to xxxxxx1@xxxx.xx , userid "1113" has been "success"

also don't add this log to the mail log , make it separate from the mail sending log .

and what about a background proccess via crontask ?

if i have 3500 clients , i will not stand front of the screen to see is completed or not .

also a log os sending like

sending email to xxxxxx1@xxxx.xx , userid "1111" has been "success"

sending email to xxxxxx1@xxxx.xx , userid "1112" has been "failed"

sending email to xxxxxx1@xxxx.xx , userid "1113" has been "success"

also don't add this log to the mail log , make it separate from the mail sending log .

Emails will be sent out in the background via cron, through an automation task the plugin registers. You can view the status of each "job", as its in progress in the UI which will simply ajax update periodically to fetch the status. You can leave the page, come back and view the status anytime without interrupting the emails.

Emails will not be logged like other emails, as this would be very resource intensive and flood the mail log. I've updated the task to mention this.

Emails will be sent out in the background via cron, through an automation task the plugin registers. You can view the status of each "job", as its in progress in the UI which will simply ajax update periodically to fetch the status. You can leave the page, come back and view the status anytime without interrupting the emails.

Emails will not be logged like other emails, as this would be very resource intensive and flood the mail log. I've updated the task to mention this.

Honestly I think having this log would be very important.  Sure it'd "flood the log" but just adding that one email for the person would be logical as you want a complete log of emails they were sent.  How else could you look at their account and see if they got a marketing email or not?

Honestly I think having this log would be very important.  Sure it'd "flood the log" but just adding that one email for the person would be logical as you want a complete log of emails they were sent.  How else could you look at their account and see if they got a marketing email or not?

Anyone else agree? Perhaps an option to log when sending the mass mail?

i'm agree with log , but totally 10000% agains log themin mail log . as seggested a separated log that can be viewed from the plugin section also .

There will effectively be a separate log from the plugin section.

The plugin will contain a history of past "jobs", which will be linked to a CSV file stored on the file system in the uploads directory, and the email content will be stored in the database for the job as part of the plugin. What's different is that we will not be storing the individual email (after tag replacement) for each recipient. You will have the original email, and you will have the list of recipients.

If we add a "Log Email" option, it will use the core email logging as it does for everything else and the actual email, after tag replacement, would be stored for each client.

There will effectively be a separate log from the plugin section.

The plugin will contain a history of past "jobs", which will be linked to a CSV file stored on the file system in the uploads directory, and the email content will be stored in the database for the job as part of the plugin. What's different is that we will not be storing the individual email (after tag replacement) for each recipient. You will have the original email, and you will have the list of recipients.

If we add a "Log Email" option, it will use the core email logging as it does for everything else and the actual email, after tag replacement, would be stored for each client.

This "Log Email" option as you just mentioned where it'd log the email in the same place it does the rest of the emails sent to the client (after tage replacement) is precisely what I'm after here.  Not a separate log.

This "Log Email" option as you just mentioned where it'd log the email in the same place it does the rest of the emails sent to the client (after tage replacement) is precisely what I'm after here.  Not a separate log.

Awesome.

The other "log" exists as a matter of necessity. A CSV is constructed, and an email "job" is created and linked to it. The cron delivers the emails, and picks up where it left off if it crashes, so it's not simply stored in memory. These recipient CSV files and email job information is stored even after the email has been fully sent, and can be used to determine who received what email even without the suggested standard email logging option. Though, without the actual logging, the real contents of the email delivered to each recipient would not be deducible as that information output from the tags may have since changed.

I think a "Delete" job option would be nice, to clear out any history and delete the corresponding CSV for the job.