Selling Domain Names

snake

Question

10 answers to this question

the advantage I found by creation of one package by each domain extension, is each domain extension can use a different registrar module, & can have different price.

So if later you change registrar or price, that's just more flexible

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you create one package per price range per example, then if you ever need to change the price, you can simply untick a domain in one package and tick it in another, no?

For promotions you could create a new package with just that domain.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you create one package per price range per example, then if you ever need to change the price, you can simply untick a domain in one package and tick it in another, no?

not certain of what will happen with existing orders (activated service), because it's like part of package migration, best you try with existing service (activated domain) how the switch will happen.

and imagine in the same range price you could work with different registrar modules, but because you can only use one registrar module by package...so at the end what will be the more flexible for you? and TEST IT.

By the way I was prefering full domain extension separation by package, because my business need on Blesta is to setup a domain registry (not registar), so even the description of extension (package) , will be specific VS create package by group of price of domain extensions.

Good points, especially the ones about package migration. I'm almost certain that Blesta would not detect if an extension was to change package and that could lead to renewal issues.

That answers my question here: http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3107-one-domain-package-per-extension-or-per-price/

but I really hope Blesta delivers an improved domain manager quickly as I'm not sure I want to manage hundreds of domain packages

Wait, i will also ask. if a client registered a .com from one reseller and at one point i change the .com registrar to another module, when he is renewing, what will happen? For example his domain is listed on ResellerClub, renewal goes to NameCheap, definitely it MUST fail! Am i wrong?