Modules Question

alleyoopster

Question

Hi,

After using WHCMS for a few years now and never really liking it, I am now considering migrating to Blesta. I wanted to run some questions by you regarding modules.

Currently I have a need for:

• Internet.bs - domain reseller
  • zadomains.co.za - domain reseller
  • namecheap - SSL cert reseller

Can you tell me if these are supported or if there is any process of getting the modules developed? I am doubting you will have the zadomains. They do have an API published though, but I am not a developed (well not for a very long time). If this is a difficult path do you know of any providers that would support ZA domains (South Africa) which a module is available for Blesta?

Really like the way things are going with Blesta. 

Many thanks.

14 answers to this question

Internet.bs - domain reseller

There's not an official module for this but there's a great third party free module here: http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1875-internetbs-domain-registrar-module-rc-104/

zadomains.co.za - domain reseller

Not yet, you can open a feature request or ask them if they'd look into it (if you ask them directly it will be faster as Blesta at the moment priorities features based on the demand).

namecheap - SSL cert reseller

Not yet there is a Namecheap module but it currently only does domains, but the SSL side is coming soon as it's got a To-do list in the module :).

thanks for the reply

The internet.bs module looks promising. 

With the zadomains, I have asked them (zadomains) and they are not interested unfortunately. I am willing to have a crack at writing the module, but I wouldn't know where to start. Is there some info / help I could get. 

I'll wait for the namecheap SSL cert to come through. Is there a place to vote for this?

thanks for the reply

The internet.bs module looks promising. 

With the zadomains, I have asked them (zadomains) and they are not interested unfortunately. I am willing to have a crack at writing the module, but I wouldn't know where to start. Is there some info / help I could get. 

I'll wait for the namecheap SSL cert to come through. Is there a place to vote for this?

Development docs are here mate: http://docs.blesta.com/display/dev/Overview you can check the other modules code.

Hi alleyoopster

Sorry to hear that we werent able to assist in creating a module for Blesta. If there is enough demand for a module then we will most certainly look into this, the alternative is use our api as you mentioned.

Im not too sure how many other users use blesta and zadomains.net for their epp domain management - perhaps we could get some numbers?

Hi alleyoopster

Sorry to hear that we werent able to assist in creating a module for Blesta. If there is enough demand for a module then we will most certainly look into this, the alternative is use our api as you mentioned.

Im not too sure how many other users use blesta and zadomains.net for their epp domain management - perhaps we could get some numbers?

If you guys did do it, it would open you up to a better market and maybe get you more customers, I've never heard of ZADomains until this thread.

Hi alleyoopster

I had some conversations with support at ZAdomains support about this and mentioned that the API only has Domain_Delete,Domain_Select, Domain_SelectAll and Domain_SelectAll_ByContact .

I am not a developer, but I understand it would need actions such as:

Register Domain

Transfer Domain

Renew Domain

Release Domain

Delete Domain

Modify Contact Details

Get EPP Code

Get/Save DNS Records

Get/Modify Nameservers

Register Nameserver

Modify Nameserver

Delete Nameserver

Get/Save Email Forwarding

Domain Cron Synchronisation

Your WHMCS API uses ioncube and I couldn't glean much from it.

As Mike said, you would certainly benefit from having a presence with Blesta. As far as I am aware there are currently no other co.za registrars that have modules with Blesta. You could be the first.

Hi alleyoopster

We would be happy to help promote a zadomains.net module. Also, the marketplace is almost ready, and it could be listed there.

Hi All,

Many thanks for the responses. @Paul, if we could get some figures on the amount of ZA Based clients who use your product then I would be more than willing to add a supporting module to our list of developments.

Paul, please make contact with me via the email address used to register and we can take it from there.

Either way we would love to help out where possible.

Hi All,

Many thanks for the responses. @Paul, if we could get some figures on the amount of ZA Based clients who use your product then I would be more than willing to add a supporting module to our list of developments.

Paul, please make contact with me via the email address used to register and we can take it from there.

That's a bit hard to find out haha without going threw every client, I know I've got 1 client from South Africa but that's because I remember the place :P and Blesta direct have more clients than us :).

Hi All,

I sent you a PM  :blesta: