Morocco States

Blesta Addons

it should use regions (16) as stats instead of Provinces (about 40) .

in morocco there ara 16 regions(stats) , every stats has some provinces , and every provinces has some cities .

Some people use different address. I live in England, but there's two states if you want. Warwickshire which covers everything, or West Midlands which provides our little area. My mum uses West Midlands, I use Warwickshire.

Some people use different address. I live in England, but there's two states if you want. Warwickshire which covers everything, or West Midlands which provides our little area. My mum uses West Midlands, I use Warwickshire.

this possible , but officially in morocco there is just 16 stats .

this possible , but officially in morocco there is just 16 stats .

There's Regions and Provinces in Morocco according to the ISO. Just like we have: two-tier county and unitary authority, but in the UK we also have metropolitan district and district council area's all in ISO: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-2:GB

hahaha ISO VS other.

and sometimes there are different ISO lists...

that why some country extension domain name, are sometime NOT for independent countries but only for an oversea region within the country.

example : .re , .yt , .mq, .gp. ,... when these regions are within France as well as fully within EU.

but regarding the ISO list taken by ICANN there are countries.

As i reported also in http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3782-blesta-is-multi-languages/?p=29289, there is a similiar problem also in Italy: in Italy we have Province (110) and Regioni (20); Regioni ara like "States" but Blesta doesn't distinguish the two levels so in the list we see all together.

This is not fully related to ISO definitions and is more complex, also to manage:

- for "address" we use only Province

- for "tax rules" we need Province and Regioni

...so we can't simply delete/add Regioni.

Maybe can be useful (in addition to a function to edit these data, as in "Admin tools" by naja7host) add a flag to define the "area" for every entry: use "for address", "for tax rules", "for together".

I hope you understand me.

Maybe can be useful (in addition to a function to edit these data, as in "Admin tools" by naja7host) add a flag to define the "area" for every entry: use "for address", "for tax rules", "for together".

I hope you understand me.

if i have time todo it i will not report it as a bug !!!

but maybe in the future i will add option to play with states .

@naja7host

What i said is only a joke, a provocation. You know my opinion about multi-language & co. in Blesta. I think also that Blesta team should take you on board, as a remote freelance!  ;)

Non only for your great contribution, but also because you can represent an foreign point of view (about translations, invoicing and pro-forma, and so on).

Good luck!

;)

• 2 weeks later...

You are Warwikshire if you're talking counties, West Midlands if you're talking regions, at least thats the only instance i can see West Midlands being an accurate depiction of your location.

There's Regions and Provinces in Morocco according to the ISO. Just like we have: two-tier county and unitary authority, but in the UK we also have metropolitan district and district council area's all in ISO: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-2:GB

Blesta using something like this would make more sense to me:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_counties_of_the_United_Kingdom

Including cities in the State/Province field doesn't make much sense if any at all. Plus as a Brummy I'd like to see West Midlands county in the list which is often missing from international software for some strange reason, but local software such as that which shall not be named have more accurate listings.

Localisation is the key here.

You are Warwikshire if you're talking counties, West Midlands if you're talking regions, at least thats the only instance i can see West Midlands being an accurate depiction of your location.

Blesta using something like this would make more sense to me:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_counties_of_the_United_Kingdom

Including cities in the State/Province field doesn't make much sense if any at all. Plus as a Brummy I'd like to see West Midlands county in the list which is often missing from international software for some strange reason, but local software such as that which shall not be named have more accurate listings.

Localisation is the key here.

The thing is Blesta realises on ISO Which is the International Organization for Standardization because they are based in America so they don't know outside and ISO is the standard.

If anything if it's wrong we should contact them.

ISO organization is located in a neutral country, Switzerland...

And each country national standardization organization is member at ISO, and together they create the ISO standards:

http://www.iso.org/iso/home/about/iso_members.htm

ISO member for Morocco is:

---------------------------------

IMANOR (Institut Marocain de Normalisation) is the national standards body of Morocco and is responsible for standardization in Morocco

ISO member for UK is:

----------------------------

The British Standards Institution (BSI)

ISO organization is located in a neutral country, Switzerland...

And each country national standardization organization is member at ISO, and together they create the ISO standards:

http://www.iso.org/iso/home/about/iso_members.htm

ISO member for Morocco is:

---------------------------------

IMANOR (Institut Marocain de Normalisation) is the national standards body of Morocco and is responsible for standardization in Morocco

ISO member for UK is:

----------------------------

The British Standards Institution (BSI)

Have to complain to them then lol.

• 6 months later...

As i reported also in http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3782-blesta-is-multi-languages/?p=29289, there is a similiar problem also in Italy: in Italy we have Province (110) and Regioni (20); Regioni ara like "States" but Blesta doesn't distinguish the two levels so in the list we see all together.

the same probleme we have . after some profound search , i have found just morocco and Italy that have states and cities are merged toghether  .

i think blesta should correct this as is just related to 2 countries .

You can use Tyson's plugin on the Marketplace to edit the country / etc.

tyson plugin has a limitation  , we can't delete some states even if is not used by any clients !!! i don't know from what this is ! or at least wich contact use that state .

also , why blesta include in thier software a erronues data ?! they should correct this for future clients to not say the same bug . as now i see 3 persons has been reported this as a bug .

The question could be more why somes country standard organization have not submited update at ISO, as at the end what's the ISO standard use come just from them...

Each national standard organisation are represented/member at ISO, so if Blesta follown ISO standard, that's fine, if not who follow?

And for any custom ajustement in Blesta, just update as you want.

The question could be more why somes country standard organization have not submited update at ISO, as at the end what's the ISO standard use come just from them...

Each national standard organisation are represented/member at ISO, so if Blesta follown ISO standard, that's fine, if not who follow?

And for any custom ajustement in Blesta, just update as you want.

the standard ISO is correct .

blesta is merging between states and cities in some countries like morocco and italy .

tyson plugin has a limitation  , we can't delete some states even if is not used by any clients !!! i don't know from what this is ! or at least wich contact use that state .

I think naja7host brought this up to me, but I haven't had a chance to look into it yet. But if it's an issue, it should be fixed sometime this week.

also , why blesta include in thier software a erronues data ?! they should correct this for future clients to not say the same bug . as now i see 3 persons has been reported this as a bug .

Blesta includes what erroneous data? State and country ISO information?

ISO 3166-2 is the subdivision standard. It may be that countries like Morocco and Italy have multiple subdivisions registered with ISO 3166-2. I'll look into our ISO 3166-2 dataset and see if there's a way to differentiate them.

Since Blesta only allows one subdivision, Blesta should probably only include the top most subdivision, whereas now it appears that Blesta includes them all.

Here's what our data provider has for ISO 3166-2 for Morocco:

3166-1	3166-2	name
MA	AGD	Agadir Ida-Outanane
MA	AOU	Aousserd
MA	ASZ	Assa-Zag
MA	AZI	Azilal
MA	BEM	Beni Mellal
MA	BER	Berkane
MA	BES	Ben Slimane
MA	BOD	Boujdour
MA	BOM	Boulmane
MA	CAS	Casablanca
MA	CHE	Chefchaouen
MA	CHI	Chichaoua
MA	CHT	Chtouka-Aït Baha
MA	ERR	Errachidia
MA	ESI	Essaouira
MA	ESM	Es-Semara
MA	FAH	Fahs-Beni Makada
MA	FES	Fès-Dar-Dbibegh
MA	FIG	Figuig
MA	GUE	Guelmim
MA	HAJ	El Hajeb
MA	HAO	Al Haouz
MA	HOC	Al-Hoceima
MA	IFR	Ifrane
MA	INE	Inezgane-Aït Melloul
MA	JDI	El Jadida
MA	JRA	Jerada
MA	KEN	Kénitra
MA	KES	Kelâat Es-Sraghna
MA	KHE	Khémisset
MA	KHN	Khénifra
MA	KHO	Khouribga
MA	LAA	Laâyoune
MA	LAR	Larache
MA	MED	Médiouna
MA	MEK	Meknès
MA	MMD	Marrakech-Médina
MA	MMN	Marrakech-Ménara
MA	MOH	Mohammédia
MA	MOU	Moulay Yacoub
MA	NAD	Nador
MA	NOU	Nouaceur
MA	OUA	Ouarzazate
MA	OUD	Oued Ed-Dahab-Lagouira
MA	OUJ	Oujda-Angad
MA	RAB	Rabat
MA	SAF	Safi
MA	SAL	Salé
MA	SEF	Sefrou
MA	SET	Settat
MA	SIK	Sidi Kacem
MA	SKH	Skhirat-Témara
MA	SYB	Sidi Youssef Ben Ali
MA	TAI	Taourirt
MA	TAO	Taounate
MA	TAR	Taroudant
MA	TAT	Tata
MA	TAZ	Taza
MA	TET	Tétouan
MA	TIZ	Tiznit
MA	TNG	Tanger-Asilah
MA	TNT	Tan-Tan
MA	ZAG	Zagora

3166-1 	3166-2 	name 
MA	1	Tanger-Tetouan
MA	2	Gharb-Chrarda-Beni Hssen
MA	3	Taza-Al Hoceima-Taounate
MA	4	L'Oriental
MA	5	Fes-Boulemane
MA	6	Meknes-Tafilalet
MA	7	Rabat-Salé-Zemmour-Zaer
MA	8	Grand Casablanca
MA	9	Chaouia-Ouardigh
MA	10	Doukkala-Abda
MA	11	Marrakech-Tensift-Al Haouz
MA	12	Tadla-Azilal
MA	13	Souss-Massa-Draa
MA	14	Guelmim-Es Smar
MA	15	Laayoune-Boujdour-Sakia El Hamra
MA	16	Oued ed Dahab-Lagouira
MA	AGD	Agadir-Ida-Outanane
MA	AOU	Aousserd
MA	ASZ	Assa-Zag
MA	AZI	Azilal
MA	BEM	Beni Mellal
MA	BER	Berkane
MA	BES	Ben Slimane
MA	BOD	Boujdour
MA	BOM	Boulemane
MA	CAS	Casablanca [Dar el Beïda]*
MA	CHE	Chefchaouen
MA	CHI	Chichaoua
MA	CHT	Chtouka-Ait Baha
MA	ERR	Errachidia
MA	ESI	Essaouira
MA	ESM	Es Smara
MA	FAH	Fahs-Beni Makada
MA	FES	Fès-Dar-Dbibegh
MA	FIG	Figuig
MA	GUE	Guelmim
MA	HAJ	El Hajeb
MA	HAO	Al Haouz
MA	HOC	Al Hoceïma
MA	IFR	Ifrane
MA	INE	Inezgane-Ait Melloul
MA	JDI	El Jadida
MA	JRA	Jrada
MA	KEN	Kénitra
MA	KES	Kelaat es Sraghna
MA	KHE	Khemisset
MA	KHN	Khenifra
MA	KHO	Khouribga
MA	LAA	Laâyoune*
MA	LAR	Larache
MA	MED	Mediouna
MA	MEK	Meknès
MA	MMD	Marrakech-Medina
MA	MMN	Marrakech-Menara
MA	MOH	Mohammadia
MA	MOU	Moulay Yacoub
MA	NAD	Nador
MA	NOU	Nouaceur
MA	OUA	Ouarzazate
MA	OUD	Oued ed Dahab
MA	OUJ	Oujda*
MA	RAB	Rabat
MA	SAF	Safi
MA	SAL	Connaught Salé
MA	SEF	Sefrou
MA	SET	Settat
MA	SIK	Sidi Kacem
MA	SKH	Skhirate-Témara
MA	SYB	Sidi Youssef Ben Ali
MA	TAI	Taourirt
MA	TAO	Taounate
MA	TAR	Taroudant
MA	TAT	Tata
MA	TAZ	Taza
MA	TIZ	Tiznit
MA	TNG	Tanger-Assilah
MA	TNT	Tan-Tan
MA	ZAG	Zagora

I think we may need to find a different data source, possibly directly from ISO, because the information does not appear to be correct.