Opinions Of Licensepal And Enom Users And Other Questions

Ben

Question

Hello everybody,

I have decided to buy a Blesta monthly license but I can't decide where to buy it from. I think LicensePal is my favoured reseller atm as they offer a free eNom account and merchant account. I already have a (mostly dormant) OpenSRS account but I wondered if the eNom account LicensePal give free is worth going with them? I'm thinking that because the OpenSRS Blesta module is only in an alpha state and eNom's prices seem to be better than OpenSRS. And do any of LicensePal customers have any opinions on the free merchant account? Is it any better than PayPal?

Another option is LicenseCart. Are the prices on their site the end price? I've noticed LicensePal's prices exclude VAT and LicensePal are very much more active on Twitter and these forums than LicensePal.

The other option I am thinking about is buying direct. I heard that buying a license direct you get a free developer license with it, what does that do? does it allow you to run Blesta on a testing server or does it mean you can sell modules or something else? Is there a different way to get a developer license?

24 answers to this question

I have decided to buy a Blesta monthly license but I can't decide where to buy it from. I think LicensePal is my favoured reseller atm as they offer a free eNom account and merchant account. I already have a (mostly dormant) OpenSRS account but I wondered if the eNom account LicensePal give free is worth going with them? I'm thinking that because the OpenSRS Blesta module is only in an alpha state and eNom's prices seem to be better than OpenSRS. And do any of LicensePal customers have any opinions on the free merchant account? Is it any better than PayPal?

Welcome to the Blesta family, LicensePal is fine to use, they are one of the most popular minus BuycPanel. OprnSRS account I would say is a sub-reseller of them so you basically paying LicensePal's prices and pay them per domain, it's best to pay them direct and get a direct account, we are going there soon so we can move from ResellerClub which is now owned by EIG. Same with Enom. The Merchant account is a good optional and it's a instant one but I think it's for USA customers only I could be wrong.

Another option is LicenseCart. Are the prices on their site the end price? I've noticed LicensePal's prices exclude VAT and LicensePal are very much more active on Twitter and these forums than LicensePal.

Thank you for considering us, we are new well been open since 2013, but still new in the market than LicensePal and BuycPanel so we don't charge VAT yet, we will in the future sadly but the prices are without VAT at the moment.

The other option I am thinking about is buying direct. I heard that buying a license direct you get a free developer license with it, what does that do? does it allow you to run Blesta on a testing server or does it mean you can sell modules or something else? Is there a different way to get a developer license?

Buying direct does give you some great benefits like their fast customer support, and the development license, if you buy a Owned license with us you could enquire to Blesta directly as they are issued at Blesta's discretion. Development licenses are for non production installations and must be hidden from the public.

Whether you buy with LicensePal, BuycPanel, us or Blesta you get support here from us the community and the developers of Blesta. You also get access  to our Knowledge base full of articles: http://licensecart.com/billing/plugin/support_manager/knowledgebase/index/1/

So whoever you use you know you will get the best support possible with Blesta. And good luck.

Thank you for your reply Michael  :)

I already have an account with OpenSRS, I was wondering if a swap to eNom was a good idea because Blesta already has a stable eNom module. And LicensePal's eNom domain prices seem to be $9.45 (http://www.licensepal.com/partner_enom.php) quite a bit cheaper on .com and .net on what OpenSRS charges me (other than those two points I'm fairly happy with OpenSRS).

The merchant account is a no go for me if it is US only as I'm in the UK. I've looked at the merchant service's website and it made me wary that you have to hand over a lot of your personal details before they'd give you their prices too.

I'm looking to use a Blesta monthly unbranded license for now, but an owned license is a possibility in the future. Can I have a Blesta development installation on my local machine without a development license or is it irrelevant whether or not the site is local or remote?

Thank you  :)

Thank you for your reply Michael  :)

You're more than welcome mate.

I already have an account with OpenSRS, I was wondering if a swap to eNom was a good idea because Blesta already has a stable eNom module. And LicensePal's eNom domain prices seem to be $9.45 (http://www.licensepal.com/partner_enom.php) quite a bit cheaper on .com and .net on what OpenSRS charges me (other than those two points I'm fairly happy with OpenSRS).

I've never been a fan of Enom myself, and there's a third party OpenSRS module to support that, but if you need prices cheaper ResellerClub now owned by EIG (not a nice company) but they are cheap. Blesta uses the LogicBoxes module for that.

The merchant account is a no go for me if it is US only as I'm in the UK. I've looked at the merchant service's website and it made me wary that you have to hand over a lot of your personal details before they'd give you their prices too.

Yeah the best way is just to use Stripe for card payments using their token system.

I'm looking to use a Blesta monthly unbranded license for now, but an owned license is a possibility in the future. Can I have a Blesta development installation on my local machine without a development license or is it irrelevant whether or not the site is local or remote?

Thank you  :)

I can't say sorry I would say it wouldn't be allowed as it's a monthly license, but Paul can explain that when they are in the office, but you get a 30 day trial which you could use as a development license until it expires.

if you are in UK, have you tried resell.biz as a registrar ?

for a marchent account , i believe stripe is the best one in the market .

You're more than welcome mate.

I've never been a fan of Enom myself, and there's a third party OpenSRS module to support that, but if you need prices cheaper ResellerClub now owned by EIG (not a nice company) but they are cheap. Blesta uses the LogicBoxes module for that.

Yeah the best way is just to use Stripe for card payments using their token system.

I can't say sorry I would say it wouldn't be allowed as it's a monthly license, but Paul can explain that when they are in the office, but you get a 30 day trial which you could use as a development license until it expires.

I think I'll stick with OpenSRS for now then; I'd rather have quality products/services that I have confidence in. Stripe looks awesome thanks  B)

I have already got the Blesta demo on my site, it expires on Saturday but I am undergoing heavy re-branding and restructuring at the moment so I have some time to work on my Blesta installation before my new site will go live to my clients anyway.

if you are in UK, have you tried resell.biz as a registrar ?

for a marchent account , i believe stripe is the best one in the market .

Thanks naja7host, resell.biz looks good I've added them to my bookmarks  :)

For domains, we use NetEarthOne. They also use logicboxes but are not EiG-owned and prices are great.

Thanks Scott I'll look into them too  :)

I think I'll stick with OpenSRS for now then; I'd rather have quality products/services that I have confidence in. Stripe looks awesome thanks  B)

I have already got the Blesta demo on my site, it expires on Saturday but I am undergoing heavy re-branding and restructuring at the moment so I have some time to work on my Blesta installation before my new site will go live to my clients anyway.

Ah, good luck mate sounds like you have a lot on your plate  :huh:

Ah, good luck mate sounds like you have a lot on your plate  :huh:

Thank you Michael for all your help  B)

Can I just ask a few last questions? :$

When I buy a license through licensecart will my Blesta installation automatically "see" the license? I ask because the "buy license" link in my Blesta installation only goes to the official site.

I'm thinking of running Blesta on a subdomain, are Blesta licenses domain based or are they tied to a sub domain? (incase I change my mind about what subdomain to use). Is their any problems with running Blesta off a subdomain?

Thanks  :)

Thank you Michael for all your help  B)

Can I just ask a few last questions? :$

When I buy a license through licensecart will my Blesta installation automatically "see" the license? I ask because the "buy license" link in my Blesta installation only goes to the official site.

I'm thinking of running Blesta on a subdomain, are Blesta licenses domain based or are they tied to a sub domain? (incase I change my mind about what subdomain to use). Is their any problems with running Blesta off a subdomain?

Thanks  :)

When you purchase a license, you'll get a new license key. Then, just update it under Settings > System > General > License Key. This is the same regardless of who you purchase your license through. If the license has already expired, when you try to login it will prompt you to enter a new key.

Licenses are locked to the hostname, IP and install directory. So, if you install at billing.domain.com, it will be locked to that location. However, you can re-issue your license anytime if you decide to move it.

You should be able to get a developmental license from Blesta directly... but you'd need to talk to Paul about it, as LicenseCart is correct in that Paul issues dev licenses at his discretion.

We have an Owned Unbranded license with LicenseCart and I was able to get a development license directly with Blesta when I asked if I could have one. I haven't set the dev install of Blesta up yet as I've been researching and planning how to implement the module we intend to develop. We suspect it'll be a fairly large module as it requires quite a bit of work to make it happen.

And... yeah, LicenseCart is crazy-fast in responding through various mediums. In fact, more often than not, when I'm posting somewhere, he usually shows up almost directly after I've posted.

Just a little bit scary... but in a good way! If you want flexibility with selling licenses and the like to your own customers... LicenseCart is the way to go.

I'd go with LC over BuycPanel any day, that's a fact.

You should be able to get a developmental license from Blesta directly... but you'd need to talk to Paul about it, as LicenseCart is correct in that Paul issues dev licenses at his discretion.

We have an Owned Unbranded license with LicenseCart and I was able to get a development license directly with Blesta when I asked if I could have one. I haven't set the dev install of Blesta up yet as I've been researching and planning how to implement the module we intend to develop. We suspect it'll be a fairly large module as it requires quite a bit of work to make it happen.

And... yeah, LicenseCart is crazy-fast in responding through various mediums. In fact, more often than not, when I'm posting somewhere, he usually shows up almost directly after I've posted.

Just a little bit scary... but in a good way! If you want flexibility with selling licenses and the like to your own customers... LicenseCart is the way to go.

Thank you for your recommendation mate :) Well I am a scary guy haha ;)

Thank you Keiro; I've now have an unbranded monthly license with LicenseCart :) I'm not sure if Paul would give me a dev license seeing as though I'm on a monthly license though  :unsure:

Thank you Keiro; I've now have an unbranded monthly license with LicenseCart :) I'm not sure if Paul would give me a dev license seeing as though I'm on a monthly license though  :unsure:

:) I would ask mate, you never know ;) might be a monthly dev haha.

There is no monthly dev license, and having a monthly license is similar to having no license. We issue dev licenses upon request for direct owned license holders, and we issue dev licenses with discretion to all others. For all others, we need more information on the purpose of the license. If approved, the dev license is usually good for 6 months but can be extended. If an extension for Blesta is released, we will usually make the dev license permanent.