Unable To Update Package After Term Removal

alleyoopster

Question

I created some terms (prices) for a .com domain package. I wanted to use ZAR, EUR and GBP.

After the creation I tested them out on one of the clients.

Now I am removing the term from the package and I get an error:

The term could not be removed because it is used by one or more services.

With this I cancelled the related serice on the client, but the message persists for one particular term. Is there a way removing terms once you have used it in a service?

10 answers to this question

I am OK with phpmyadmin, but reluctant to alter the tables directly without knowing the structure better. I can live with it for now by working around, but it feels a little messy.

While I can understand it needs a lock when there is an active use of the term, once the term is not in use or even the package is not used shouldn't you be able to delete it.

I imaging others may have this problem in the future and the solution seems a little out of the reach of most users. Is there reason for a bug report here or could it be a feature request?

Thanks for your help with this.

I am OK with phpmyadmin, but reluctant to alter the tables directly without knowing the structure better. I can live with it for now by working around, but it feels a little messy.

While I can understand it needs a lock when there is an active use of the term, once the term is not in use or even the package is not used shouldn't you be able to delete it.

I imaging others may have this problem in the future and the solution seems a little out of the reach of most users. Is there reason for a bug report here or could it be a feature request?

Thanks for your help with this.

Nope you shouldn't be because it's still being used on a cancelled product. If you remove it fully then that will break, and it's not good for accounting.

Take this scenario and it is what happened to me. I create some terms for different currencies for a package. I then add allocate the package to the clients. Later I decide I would like to use multi currency as I no longer want to update exchange rates, so I now need to delete all the terms except one, but I can't delete any that have been used, so I end up not being able to use multi currency.

The only way I can see around this is to make the package inactive (possible bug: with domains the package I noticed was still active until I unchecked the TLD's) and create a new package.