Hidden Ticket

Alk

1. My support manager shows that I have a ticket with status "awaiting reply". However, when I click on the "awaiting reply (1)" status tab, there are no tickets to show (it states "There are currently no tickets with this status.)". Upon investigation in the database, I can see that the issue was caused when I split ticket notes to a new ticket (I wanted to delete the ticket notes and thought that this was the best way to do this as I subsequently intended to delete the newly created ticket). Whilst the ticket notes have formed a new ticket in the database with the original ticket's subject and status, I cannot actually get to the ticket in the UI.

2. Using Blesta 3.4.2.

Thank you, but I'm afraid that I disagree and I feel that it is a bug.

It's not permissions - please see that this issue arose from splitting off internal notes in a ticket. The new ticket is now made up of internal notes, but it is hidden (which makes some sense in a way; sort of). Blesta shouldn't have allowed me to do this if it is not designed to do so. I now know not to do this, but that is not the point, so I thought that I should report the issue nonetheless.

Thank you, but I'm afraid that I disagree and I feel that it is a bug.

It's not permissions - please see that this issue arose from splitting off internal notes in a ticket. The new ticket is now made up of internal notes, but it is hidden (which makes some sense in a way; sort of). Blesta shouldn't have allowed me to do this if it is not designed to do so. I now know not to do this, but that is not the point, so I thought that I should report the issue nonetheless.

Splitting internal notes? Why do you need to use the support manager just for notes?

Splitting internal notes? Why do you need to use the support manager just for notes?

I had some notes in the ticket, intermixed with the customer's replies that shouldn't be in the ticket any more (the notes would cause confusion when referring to the ticket in the future).

I really wanted to delete the internal notes but as you cannot delete individual messages/replies in tickets, I thought that by splitting the specific internal notes off to a new ticket, I would subsequently be able to close this newly created ticket, thereby removing the notes from the conversation.

I hope that this is now clear.

I had some notes in the ticket, intermixed with the customer's replies that shouldn't be in the ticket any more (the notes would cause confusion when referring to the ticket in the future).

I really wanted to delete the internal notes but as you cannot delete individual messages/replies in tickets, I thought that by splitting the specific internal notes off to a new ticket, I would subsequently be able to close this newly created ticket, thereby removing the notes from the conversation.

I hope that this is now clear.

Notes are for Admins I believe.

Edit: Yep they are...

post-38-0-28472800-1425425689_thumb.png

post-38-0-16226100-1425425692_thumb.png

Yes, sorry if this was not clear.

1. Open a new ticket with some text
  2. Now update the ticket with an internal note
  3. Update the ticket again with a 2nd internal note
  4. Now go back to the ticket and tick the 2 internal notes and choose to split the ticket
  5. Now go back to the ticket list and you will find that whereas you used to have 1 ticket open, the ticket total on the tab will now show 2 (depending on what the original ticket's status was) - see screenshot.
  6. Lookup in the database and you will find the split ticket, yet it is not shown in the GUI.

post-78-0-58844600-1425752028_thumb.png

Thanks. This issue is resolved in CORE-1592 for the next version of Blesta. It won't fix the fact you have a 'hidden ticket', but it will make it so you cannot split ticket notes by themselves, as that is not the intended behavior. e.g. since a client doesn't see ticket notes, they have nothing to see in regards to that ticket.

If you'd like to remove the 'hidden ticket', you will need to either add a reply (not a note) to that ticket--via the database--or convert a note to a reply, then it will be visible from the UI.