E-Mail Pipings

EidolonHost

Question

Christ.

I've been reading for hours trying to figure out the best way to switch from Google Apps to our own in-house e-mail solution.

Basically, I'm trying to figure out how to get e-mail piping... and I guess I just don't understand how this works. I mean, I can set up an e-mail server and configure it... and that's fine.

But e-mail piping. This drives me up the wall.

Can someone explain to me how I can make the switch and do e-mail piping for multiple departments, such as support@domain.com, sales@domain.com, security@domain.com and all that fun stuff and ensure it all goes to the right department?

Also... I'd much prefer to mess with web servers over e-mail any day.

5 answers to this question

Email has to come into the same server you're running Blesta on. That means you need to have a mail server running on that server. The mail server would be configured to pipe email to Blesta for those addresses. This is set up differently depending on the system and whether you're using a control panel. Most panels like cPanel, Plesk, Interworx make it easy to set up the piping.

If you haven't already, take a look at http://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Support+Manager#SupportManager-email-pipingEmailPiping

It describes how you might configure your server manually. If you have a panel though, you should use that instead.

Are you using InterWorx or another control panel?

Uh, not InterWorx for the billing system. That'd be VestaCP. Probably gonna shift it to InterWorx for easier time in managing this sort o' thing.

Email has to come into the same server you're running Blesta on. That means you need to have a mail server running on that server. The mail server would be configured to pipe email to Blesta for those addresses. This is set up differently depending on the system and whether you're using a control panel. Most panels like cPanel, Plesk, Interworx make it easy to set up the piping.

If you haven't already, take a look at http://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Support+Manager#SupportManager-email-pipingEmailPiping

It describes how you might configure your server manually. If you have a panel though, you should use that instead.

Yes, it's on the same server. This is already configured for the most part. I think I need to do a bit more configuration but I'll be checking into this some more. Or have someone do this for me because I suspect I've got tunnel vision thing going on here.

I'm pretty sure I looked at the link you linked earlier, though but I'll give it a look in a few minutes.

Sorry never used Vesta.

That's quite alright. I'm switching away from VestaCP either way. <_<

It's good for a small server but requires you keep up on the patchings from Github... that is, if you want to keep up to date in order to ensure you're keeping up with the changes until they decide to release an official update to the next version which I have neither the time nor the patience to do so.