Admin "reset And Send" Client Password Reset

Jonathan

A simple link in the admin interface, preferably with a confirmation popup modal to prevent accidental use that would reset the user's password, email it to them, and obviously store no copy.

Customers tend to say "I forgot my password" or whatever and obviously they don't understand the "forgot password" link so an easy way to just do this for them and email it in a more "secure" way than generating, copy/pasting, and having unecessary eyes seeing it would be rather beneficial.

Alternatively it could just email the reset link to them.  This would probably actually be preferred.  Esentially just a trigger for the forgot password email/process from the admin side.  This prevents the password from ever being in plain text except when the client enters it into blesta.

Personally I would prefer sending the password link. It's time sensitive and allows them to set their own password, which is preferable. Plus, sending a password in email is not secure. I would be open to this. I have had to, on several occasions opened up the client password reset page and entered a customers username to force one of these to them after they had trouble doing so on their own.

Thoughts from anyone else?

Personally I would prefer sending the password link. It's time sensitive and allows them to set their own password, which is preferable. Plus, sending a password in email is not secure. I would be open to this. I have had to, on several occasions opened up the client password reset page and entered a customers username to force one of these to them after they had trouble doing so on their own.

The more I think about it the more I like this idea rather than my initial proposal.

Good IDEA. +1

• 3 weeks later...

+1

We reset our local client passwords quite often and it would be good to be able to do this within the admin area like other billing systems would be great.

Yeah we do this 10+ times per day for folks who can't/won't find the PW reset link themselves.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...