Sub Domain, Remote Mail Piping And Cloudlinux

Ken Ng

Question

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to pipe.

My Blesta is installed on subdomain.mydomain.com and my mail is pointed to the same server as blesta's server.

I went to the cPanel account where my mail is, add forwarder with pipe.

I got this Mail delivery failed.

pipe to |/home/myblestausername/public_html/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php plugin/support_manager/ticket_pipe/index/1/
generated by support@mydomain.com
local delivery failed

The following text was generated during the delivery attempt:

------ pipe to |/home/myblestausername/public_html/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php plugin/support_manager/ticket_pipe/index/1/
generated by support@mydomain.com ------

cagefs_enter: /home/myblestausername/public_html/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php: Permission denied

is is denied by cagefs. How do I solve this?

7 answers to this question

If your main domain and sub-domain are on separate cpanel accounts then you will not be able to pipe department@domain.com to your blesta installation.

What I did was create a hidden support department (mailer@subdomain.domain.com) then create the pipe for that (in the cpanel account for your sub-domain). I then created the support departments in blesta like normal (example Support Department support@domain.com), and then create a forwarder for support@domain.com to forward to mailer@subdomain.domain.com

This seemed to work ok, blesta accepted the email, and assigned it to the correct department.

Are you using: /usr/local/bin/php for the start? cPanel likes to do things different to other control panels and Linux.

Is pipe.php permissions 777 for 666 whichever you prefer I use 777 myself.

Hi Michael,

Do you mean the pipe path on add forward email?

Forwarding to /usr/local/bin/php /home/myblesta/public_html/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php plugin/support_manager/ticket_pipe/index/1/ ?

Pipe is set to 777 and hashbang is #!/usr/local/bin/php -q

The the error message is

pipe to |/usr/local/bin/php /home/myblesta/public_html/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php plugin/support_manager/ticket_pipe/index/1/

generated by support@mydomain.com

local delivery failed

The following text was generated during the delivery attempt:

------ pipe to |/usr/local/bin/php /home/myblesta/public_html/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php plugin/support_manager/ticket_pipe/index/1/

generated by support@mydomain.com ------

Could not open input file: /home/myblesta/public_html/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php

Hi Michael,

Do you mean the pipe path on add forward email?

Forwarding to /usr/local/bin/php /home/myblesta/public_html/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php plugin/support_manager/ticket_pipe/index/1/ ?

Pipe is set to 777 and hashbang is #!/usr/local/bin/php -q

The the error message is

Ah you should be piping to program under advanced.

If your main domain and sub-domain are on separate cpanel accounts then you will not be able to pipe department@domain.com to your blesta installation.

What I did was create a hidden support department (mailer@subdomain.domain.com) then create the pipe for that (in the cpanel account for your sub-domain). I then created the support departments in blesta like normal (example Support Department support@domain.com), and then create a forwarder for support@domain.com to forward to mailer@subdomain.domain.com

This seemed to work ok, blesta accepted the email, and assigned it to the correct department.

Seems like your solution works.

I've pipe mailer@subdomain.domain.com where my blesta cpanel is located. Then I went to my main domain cpanel and forward example support department support@domain.com to support@subdomain.domain.com

I am receiving updates on Support Tickets now.

I do not have to create an email account on subdomain.domain.com which is wonder too. All the emails are still on support@mydomain.com

Not sure this is the best solution or just a hack work around but it works.

Good, glad it helped.

Seems like your solution works.

I've pipe mailer@subdomain.domain.com where my blesta cpanel is located. Then I went to my main domain cpanel and forward example support department support@domain.com to support@subdomain.domain.com

I am receiving updates on Support Tickets now.

I do not have to create an email account on subdomain.domain.com which is wonder too. All the emails are still on support@mydomain.com

Not sure this is the best solution or just a hack work around but it works.

This is also a neat little hack if the mx records for your primary domain point elsewhere and you want to use piping rather than imap. Create an mx record for a subdomain that points to your blesta account and follow the above steps.  :blesta: