What Version Of Php Are You Running, And When Do You Think You'll Upgrade To Php 7?

Paul

PHP Version  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What version of PHP are you running Blesta under?

• PHP 5.1
    • PHP 5.2
    • PHP 5.3
    • PHP 5.4
    • PHP 5.5
    • PHP 5.6
  2. 2. When are you planning to upgrade to PHP 7?

• No idea
    • As soon as it is officially released.
    • Within 3 months of its release.
    • 3-6 months after its release.
    • 6-12 months after its release.
    • 1-2 years after its release.

currently using PHP 5.4 , those benchmark stats from reddit are interesting, massive speed increase on php 7

It is very much faster. Cody will correct me if I'm wrong, but we were seeing nearly 10x speed increase on PHP 7 for some unit tests. Because if the performance of PHP 7, I suspect it will have a much higher/faster adoption rate than past versions.

It is very much faster. Cody will correct me if I'm wrong, but we were seeing nearly 10x speed increase on PHP 7 for some unit tests. Because if the performance of PHP 7, I suspect it will have a much higher/faster adoption rate than past versions.

just did some more reading up and wow looks pretty tasty, going to have a play this weekend have some apis that i would like to see some benchmarks on

Blesta is very happy on PHP 5.6 + ZendOpcache on MariaDB 10.0.x backend.

I selected 3-6 months on an upgrade timeline simply to allow some of the intial bugs to be worked out and allow time for internal testing before an upgrade.  I'd start testing on it immediately but the production update would depend on stability and bugs.

I selected 3-6 months on an upgrade timeline simply to allow some of the intial bugs to be worked out and allow time for internal testing before an upgrade.  I'd start testing on it immediately but the production update would depend on stability and bugs.

Same here, I'll need at least a couple months to test and verify that there are no real issues with any of my stuff before upgrading.  It is looking like it will be amazing though.