Connecting Blesta To Whmcs Via Api

MDHMatt

Question

Hello all,

Im trying to make a module with my hosting company and was wondering if anyone knew of an existing module to which allows blesta to connect to WHMCS via an API link?

The reason being is my website host is using whmcs to provision services to its clients and i think i may to be the only client they have using blesta, (they offer free whmcs as part of the package but i hate whmcs!) and im wanting to resell some of their products but i need a module making that connects to there whmcs system.

Thanks in advance

9 answers to this question

HAHA! I know but do you know of anything? or can the universal module do something along the lines?

You an use the universal module to re-sell them but you'll have to manually order them or ask them if they can do a Blesta module to work with their API or to try and work around the rubbish api whmcs uses.

Ahh so i can offer the products to my clients but i would then have to manually order them from my host if i were to use the universal module?

They do have there own api which i think they may end up using. I think they are wanting it to connect directly to whmcs.

there API can be found here; https://www.bestwebhosting.co.uk/knowledgebase/52/Domain-API-Actions.html

do you think that would be sufficient to try build a module?

Ahh so i can offer the products to my clients but i would then have to manually order them from my host if i were to use the universal module?

They do have there own api which i think they may end up using. I think they are wanting it to connect directly to whmcs.

there API can be found here; https://www.bestwebhosting.co.uk/knowledgebase/52/Domain-API-Actions.html

do you think that would be sufficient to try build a module?

Ah that's for domains, yeah a module could be done by that, it would be easier if they did it for you, that way they could share it with their other customers to give them a choice or modulesbakery or some other developer could help you with it but it would come at a cost. But then it would be yours and you can do as you wish it with.

Well thats good to know! Yeah i forgot to mention it was to resell domain names. So your saying the best bet is to make a new module just using their API and not the whmcs api?

Is there a module you could suggest that they can look at to get started. I believe they are fluent in all things whmcs as they have a module for that but as new to blesta as me. Ive also found and sent them the dev docs

Well thats good to know! Yeah i forgot to mention it was to resell domain names. So your saying the best bet is to make a new module just using their API and not the whmcs api?

Is there a module you could suggest that they can look at to get started. I believe they are fluent in all things whmcs as they have a module for that but as new to blesta as me. Ive also found and sent them the dev docs

Correct and as for the blesta I recommend opening a already built module :) . But yeah it's better to just use their API then converting.