Knowledgebase Suggestions

Blesta Addons

Hello

i have setp the native knowledgebase for a client , and i have tested it for a little time , and i see some remark for it .

1 - if we add just article without affecting it to a category , it didn't display in the client side , any article should be affected to a category to appear , in my case the client didn't need any parent category , he need just the article to be apeared in the main page of knowledgebase .

2 - the second observation the language , the knowledgebase has it own language function , normally it should be getted from the app_controller (for multi-language purpose ) , so i think is not raisonable to fetch language twice . let say the controller has the language set "fr_fr" froma event or a plugin , in the knowledgebase he search just the language set for the client if logged , if not a client he set the company language default , so no way to fetch others languages even if they installed .

3 - the saerch engine, let say we have 1 article with two language , title in en_en "Hello World" , title in fr_fr "Bonjor le monde" , we are now with fr_fr language as the Kb page , when i search for World , it show the article but in frensh language , andthat should not happen , normally it should search in the row of the current language , not in all language rows .

i hope this has sense for future fix .

Hello

i have setp the native knowledgebase for a client , and i have tested it for a little time , and i see some remark for it .

1 - if we add just article without affecting it to a category , it didn't display in the client side , any article should be affected to a category to appear , in my case the client didn't need any parent category , he need just the article to be apeared in the main page of knowledgebase .

2 - the second observation the language , the knowledgebase has it own language function , normally it should be getted from the app_controller (for multi-language purpose ) , so i think is not raisonable to fetch language twice . let say the controller has the language set "fr_fr" froma event or a plugin , in the knowledgebase he search just the language set for the client if logged , if not a client he set the company language default , so no way to fetch others languages even if they installed .

3 - the saerch engine, let say we have 1 article with two language , title in en_en "Hello World" , title in fr_fr "Bonjor le monde" , we are now with fr_fr language as the Kb page , when i search for World , it show the article but in frensh language , andthat should not happen , normally it should search in the row of the current language , not in all language rows .

i hope this has sense for future fix .

#1 The way it works currently is that articles without a category assignment are never displayed. Are you suggesting that articles should be displayed on the main KB page where Categories appear, along with Popular Articles? I'm not sure this is something we would want to change.

#2 This is related to #3 yes?

#3 sounds like a bug almost, I bet the search is not being limited to the language being used.

#1 The way it works currently is that articles without a category assignment are never displayed. Are you suggesting that articles should be displayed on the main KB page where Categories appear, along with Popular Articles? I'm not sure this is something we would want to change.

Yes, i Suggest to display articles in the main page .

#2 This is related to #3 yes?

No, is a seperate issue , to be more clear , when blesta will add the selector language in the order form (for visitor - not logged clients) , how it would be stored this temporary language ? sessions ? cookies ? the knowledgebase will have issue with it, because he can be shown in the languages clients set in thier profile , or in the default company language .

what i suggest here the knowldgebase should heritage the language from the app_controller and not set thier own function for it .

#3 sounds like a bug almost, I bet the search is not being limited to the language being used.

so you can open a task for it in jira :)