Looking For A Working Option :)

nVee

Question

Hi there,

We're a small hosting company and we're currently using WHMCS. I personally hate it because it does not work (or there is no clear cut way) to make it work for our business model and with a really upset clientbase when we first introduced the billing system and people getting emails daily for domains was crazy. Long story short, I have little confidence in them but because we've used the product for around 4 years (and still not setup correctly!!!) we're moving our infrastructure to a new server and we're in the market for a good product.

Here are our "needs", please can you confirm if you match (can match it / we build it to match):

- We provide hosting services, broadband,domains, ssl and then some once-off services. Do you support these that we would at minimum be able to setup these services as products?

- Most of our clients work on a debit order system (SagePay is the merchant). Do you have a SagePay plugin available?

- We give our clients the registration month free (unless it falls on the last 3 days of the month and then we'll give you a whole month free). This would mean that we setup your account + domain today but you should not be invoiced for the month (only on invoice date) or have a rule set in place that we credit the user (might make more sense). This is only related to hosting as other products like domains are not included in this.

- We're looking for a modern solution (looks like you might be winning here) which can support stuff like Bootstrap and know that our code will not disrupt hundreds of thousands of lines of useless styling code defined by the base templates. What templating engine do you use? WHMCS uses the painfully outdated Smarty Engine which is a crime to enforce on any developer. How much control do we really have over the look and feel and do you also have 3 stylesheets per template which just really is overkill?

- Do you integrate with any domain registrars / can domain registration be done at client level?

- Do you support one-time products?

- I understand that most of the source code remains unencrypted (which is great). Where do you stand on security issues / vulnerabilities? 

- Lastly, do you use an existing framework such as Zend, Cake or Laravel or is it a custom framework? If so, what development architectural pattern (such as MVC) do you use?

I would really appreciate your feedback in making a decision here. I am really happy to use something better but need to at least know it is better without having to invest installation and configuration time to only find out it's not suitable.

Thank you!

4 answers to this question

- We provide hosting services, broadband,domains, ssl and then some once-off services. Do you support these that we would at minimum be able to setup these services as products?

You can sell Hosting services by cPanel, InterWorx, DirectAdmin, Plesk using the modules provided.

You can sell Broadband and once off services (if you mean none of the ones which have modules built for them) by using the Universal Module, that's how we started selling Licenses.

You can sell SSL Certificates on Blesta via TheSSLStore, GoGetSSL or the SSLGuru which have modules made or by using the Universal Module if no module is available yet.

- Most of our clients work on a debit order system (SagePay is the merchant). Do you have a SagePay plugin available?

I don't believe SagePay has a gateway made yet, it's on the Blesta development to-so list as CORE-141 but it depends on the demand to get it a higher priority, Paul and the guys can help you more on that.

- We give our clients the registration month free (unless it falls on the last 3 days of the month and then we'll give you a whole month free). This would mean that we setup your account + domain today but you should not be invoiced for the month (only on invoice date) or have a rule set in place that we credit the user (might make more sense). This is only related to hosting as other products like domains are not included in this.

You can use a free product and then upgrade them to the new package or let them upgrade the package on their manage screen. Or you can set the package to pro-rota and then cancel at the end of term and then get them to order the full month. Or you could put the price on it and then edit the invoices. The guys can help you more on the best way to do that.

- We're looking for a modern solution (looks like you might be winning here) which can support stuff like Bootstrap and know that our code will not disrupt hundreds of thousands of lines of useless styling code defined by the base templates. What templating engine do you use? WHMCS uses the painfully outdated Smarty Engine which is a crime to enforce on any developer. How much control do we really have over the look and feel and do you also have 3 stylesheets per template which just really is overkill?

Blesta uses minphp the framework they made themselves, and it's really easy to customise Blesta see these for examples:

http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3785-flatmodern-integration-client-login/

http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4334-makeover-for-blesta-client-theme/

- Do you integrate with any domain registrars / can domain registration be done at client level?

- LogicBoxes (ResellerClub, ResellBiz, NetEarthOne)

- NameCheap

- Enom

- OpenSRS (Alpha third party)

- Do you support one-time products?

Yep you have One-Time, yearly, Monthly, Daily and you set the tiers so you can have every 2 months, every 4 years, or even every 19 days.

- I understand that most of the source code remains unencrypted (which is great). Where do you stand on security issues / vulnerabilities?

Blesta is known to be the most secure billing system out there on the market and they put security first:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=8885045&postcount=183

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=8898652&postcount=14

- Lastly, do you use an existing framework such as Zend, Cake or Laravel or is it a custom framework? If so, what development architectural pattern (such as MVC) do you use?

None their own MinPHP framework.

Thank you for your quick response. We want to install it locally to test and understand we have to ask you directly for a license key. Could you maybe assist?

Thank you!

Hello mate,

I've replied to your PM, you will need to edit the host file to set it to the hostname you use: http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/804-trying-to-install-free-trial-says-the-license-key-is-invalid/?p=6754

Thank you for your quick response. We want to install it locally to test and understand we have to ask you directly for a license key. Could you maybe assist?

Thank you!

Hello mate,

I've replied to your PM, you will need to edit the host file to set it to the hostname you use: http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/804-trying-to-install-free-trial-says-the-license-key-is-invalid/?p=6754

Yes, or email sales or PM me for a trial key and reference this thread. Since trials are issued via hostnames, and since "localhost" has had a trial before the system will not issue a new trial key for it. Adding a unique hostname to your hosts file per Mike will allow you to get around that. Or, just email sales or PM me and I'll send you one.