Event Contacts.edit, Contacts.add, Contacts.delete

Jonathan

It would be great if there were some events associated with contact addition, edit, and removal.  We for example could use this when syncing certain data within our ticket system (Kayako) regarding email assigned to the account and change it if necessary as well as keeping the proper emails tied into the same client organization there so that the tickets between their sub-accounts are viewable properly by other sub-accounts and the primary account, etc.

• 6 months later...

I looked at the events earlier today to see if I had a chance at integrating Blesta with e-Conomic. (Accounting sw)

What I found is that while Blesta has some events, it is lacking others.

ClientAdd, ClientEdit, ClientRemove, PackageGroupAdd/edit/remove, PackageAdd/Edit/Remove

InvoiceCreated, InvoiceCancelled, InvoicePaid, TransactionAdd

Some of the mentioned events exist today, but is lacking in information.

Invoice add for example contains no information about the invoice except it's ID.

What about all the lines in the invoice? Or what customer it's for?

I must admit I have not checked a lot in Blesta about retrieving this information, but it would be really nice to see events put in where they have a logical meaning to be. (In other words, any place you add, edit, remove, send something.)

Events don't necessarily need to return much data. The invoice creation event, as you mentioned, only returns the invoice ID. Since a plugin will be listening for these events, they can query for any additional information they need. The invoice ID alone is sufficient to derive the invoice line items, customer information, etc.

I agree that more events would be more beneficial all around. Hopefully more can be added soon.

• 7 months later...