Download Manager - Path To File - Download Links

Ken Ng

Question

Hi blesta people,

I'm trying to figure out what's the path to file link? I tried /home/username/public_html/myfolder/myfiles.zip but it is showing "Please upload a file or enter a valid path to the file."

Is there any example?

Also, I'm not sure if Download Manager generate random download links instead of actual full url link that can be downloaded from public. Is there a way to protect the file from being downloaded by people who don't purchase the product?

4 answers to this question

Hey Michael Mate,

Yes uploads is writable. I installed Blesta not on public_html but /billing/ folder. So i've tried /home/username/billing/uploads/ with no success. Any advice on this.

Yes there is a folder called 1 and a folder called download_files.

-

I've tried /home/username/public_html/billing/myfolder/myfile.zip and it is successful now.

Right now I think customers are able to view the direct link on portal download page. Will blesta actually generate dynamic links to prevent actualy URL shown on portal?

Nope I recommend you make it so they are logged in to download, and move the uploads from the public_html so the direct url doesn't work.

People can't download it if they don't know the url and if they use the Blesta one they will hit a log in page. 

Hello Ken mate,

That looks fine to me but there's two issues maybe:

1. Is the uploads folder url configured in the settings? Settings > System > Gerneral > Uploads (Make sure it's writeable).

2. never ever ever ever ever have it in the public_html, always have it outside. so /home/username/uploads/

3. Is there a folder inside uploads called "1" and inside that a folder called "download_files"

Hello Ken mate,

That looks fine to me but there's two issues maybe:

1. Is the uploads folder url configured in the settings? Settings > System > Gerneral > Uploads (Make sure it's writeable).

2. never ever ever ever ever have it in the public_html, always have it outside. so /home/username/uploads/

3. Is there a folder inside uploads called "1" and inside that a folder called "download_files"

Hey Michael Mate,

Yes uploads is writable. I installed Blesta not on public_html but /billing/ folder. So i've tried /home/username/billing/uploads/ with no success. Any advice on this.

Yes there is a folder called 1 and a folder called download_files.

-

I've tried /home/username/public_html/billing/myfolder/myfile.zip and it is successful now.

Right now I think customers are able to view the direct link on portal download page. Will blesta actually generate dynamic links to prevent actualy URL shown on portal? Seems like there are no full URL link! which is good. I've tested :) Thanks again!

Edited by Ken N