Module For Selling Linux Containers (Kubernetes Api?)

xxxxx

You know what'd be awesome? To be able to be able to sell Linux containers.

Containers are becoming increasingly popular, and orchestration frameworks with simple REST API's are coming out of the woodwork such as Google's Kubernetes (kubernetes.io).

I know this is gonna be a while of...but one to think about.

I agree, I started an other post few months about it, and found that with Blesta if you want automatize provision of LXC it could be done (not tested) with webmin/virtualmin panel, an other person in the forum is doing the blesta webmin module and webmin can work fine with LXC.

For LXC it's seem ubuntu or core-os distro is best.

Thxs for your link

The awesome thing about having a 'Kubernetes Module' would be that it'd be a single API end-point for Blesta to hook in to, with no other knowledge or orchestration required by Blesta. Kubernetes offers the abstraction. I'll be publishing a paper on Kubernetes (and various other alternatives such as the CoreOS stack) shortly and I'm more than happy to help out where required. Some pointers on the API can be found here, although still in Beta:

http://kubernetes.io/third_party/swagger-ui/#!/v1beta3/createPod

It's worth noting that Kubernetes only currently supports the likes of Docker and Rocket containers, although there is interest in LXC/LXD runtime support it may take a while to come.