Tax Override

NETLINK

Hello. I think it might be a good idea to be able to override the tax rates either on a per-product/service basis or on a per-invoice basis. Some EU countries have different VAT rates based on the product or service being sold.

For example, Ireland has a standard VAT rate of 23% and a reduced VAT rate of 13.5%, which is applicable to some support and maintenance services, for example.

France also has a number of different VAT rates, e.g. e-books.

have you example not being "service" item to sell with Blesta?

by the way event e-book, or downloadable or any intangible product are still "service" for VAT, so still using same rate depending of country where user is buying.

Well, my business has a a few IT support contracts, so I was hoping to use Blesta to invoice my clients for on-site maintenance and support requests, which would be charged at 13.5% VAT.

France have a 20% rate for telecoms and e-services, but 5.5% for e-books, and 2.1% for e-newspapers. I doubt many people would be using Blesta to sell e-books, but it was just an example. I'm not familiar with the VAT rates of all EU countries.

I think a per invoice tax override would be simplest. WHMCS has this feature under the Options tab on the invoice screen. The tax rate gets applied to the entire invoice, but it wouldn't be a big deal to create 2 separate invoices if there are multiple items charged at different rates.