Change Default Due Date

thynan

Question

Hi!

When a service is created, the due date is the same as the invoice date. I want to push back the due-date by 2 weeks, so my customers don't get an invoice that is due on the same day. How can this be done? Is this possible via interface, or do I have to hack  the code?

PS: I know that I can just change the due date on the invoice by hacking the default_invoice_pdf.php or creating my own invoice template. But I want to change the due date system-wide, so the payment reminders are working correctly, and the client sees the correct due date in his dashboard.

5 answers to this question

Hi!

When a service is created, the due date is the same as the invoice date. I want to push back the due-date by 2 weeks, so my customers don't get an invoice that is due on the same day. How can this be done? Is this possible via interface, or do I have to hack  the code?

Click manage on the service and then on the top dropdown menu click change renew date and you can set it there.

Or if you use pro-rota it will always renew on that date per month.

Hi,

thanks for the reply, but I don't want to change the renew date, I want to change the due-date. Like I said, when a client orders a service, he gets an invoice, which has a due date of the same day as he ordered it. I want the due date to be 2 weeks later. Also, I don't want to manually change this after the service was created - the customer already got his invoice at that point. I want to genereally push the due-date back 2 weeks after the renew/creation date for all services. Is that possible?

if i well undestand your request , that is not possible .

but what you can do is to change the setting "Suspend Services Days After Due" make it 15 days after .

then in the the email template change the text to something that tel to your client the final due date is 2 weeks after the date {invoice.date_due_formatted} .

Hi {contact.first_name},

This is a reminder that invoice #{invoice.id_code} is open fr payment now , you can pay it now or 14 days after the date  {invoice.date_due_formatted}. If you have recently mailed in payment for this invoice, you can ignore this reminder.

Pay Now.. http://{payment_url} (No Login Required)

Thank you for your continued business!

Hi,

thanks for the reply, but I don't want to change the renew date, I want to change the due-date. Like I said, when a client orders a service, he gets an invoice, which has a due date of the same day as he ordered it. I want the due date to be 2 weeks later. Also, I don't want to manually change this after the service was created - the customer already got his invoice at that point. I want to genereally push the due-date back 2 weeks after the renew/creation date for all services. Is that possible?

Ah sorry mis-read you, you can edit the invoice, click edit on it and then change the due date accordingly. 

@naja7host: ok, I suspected that it was not possible to generally change the due date. The workaround you suggest is ok I guess. Maybe I'll just remove the due_date from the Invoice and put a custom Info there.

@Licensecart: thanks again, but you still mes-read. I don't want to edit individual invoices after they are created (and already sent to the client). I want to systemwide change the due date. But apparently that is not possible without hacking the blesta-core.