Blesta's Ordering System

EidolonHost

Hi,

Something that I'm curious about — there is a step where you confirm the selection of the product you were planning on ordering.

This confused me for a moment when I was going through the ordering process, testing the process to ensure that it flowed through just fine.

Select product -> confirm product choice -> configure product -> summary of product -> pay bill.

Shouldn't it be:

Select product -> configure product -> summary of product -> pay bill ?

And if so, what would be needed to achieve eliminating that unnecessary step? I mean, I know you can link directly to the product configuration order page from your main website's products pages... but I'm talking about when you go to the billing system directly and order a product, skipping the main website entirely.

I think it's an unnecessary and confusing step since you're selecting the product. The product configuration page even states what product you're configuring. Isn't that enough?

I posted it here because I don't think it fits Feature Request.

You can link directly to the package which skips that step unless you want them to order a domain, a tutorial is in my signature :).

Aye, I said as much in my post. I'm not talking about that. :)

Specifically, I'm talking about the confirmation page. Why have it there? It seems unnecessary, since you already know what you've selected, the product configuration page states what you're configuring the product for. The summary page states what package you're getting, how much you'll be paying for.

It just seems... redundant.

Aye, I said as much in my post. I'm not talking about that. :)

Specifically, I'm talking about the confirmation page. Why have it there? It seems unnecessary, since you already know what you've selected, the product configuration page states what you're configuring the product for. The summary page states what package you're getting, how much you'll be paying for.

It just seems... redundant.

It depends they might skip it if there's nothing to configure I believe they was going to do that I can't find it so it might be private Paul can shread a light on that.

But that page is there for the reason below:

- Addons (Addon companies, backups addons, licenses (cPanel license, InterWorx license), till sellers (not sure the online term).

- configuration options (IP's, OS, hostnames, etc)

- nameserver set-up if ordering a domain

It depends they might skip it if there's nothing to configure I believe they was going to do that I can't find it so it might be private Paul can shread a light on that.

But that page is there for the reason below:

- Addons (Addon companies, backups addons, licenses (cPanel license, InterWorx license), till sellers (not sure the online term).

- configuration options (IP's, OS, hostnames, etc)

- nameserver set-up if ordering a domain

Isn't that usually on a product configuration page rather than the confirmation page? Also, till sellers is probably point of sale what you're looking for. :P

I've obviously set up my company's website to link directly to the configuration page, step 3 for each of the products in our shared hosting options... reseller and other hosting options're up next.

Isn't that usually on a product configuration page rather than the confirmation page? Also, till sellers is probably point of sale what you're looking for. :P

I've obviously set up my company's website to link directly to the configuration page, step 3 for each of the products in our shared hosting options... reseller and other hosting options're up next.

Oh bugger sorry misread :L late nights again don't do well with me :D haha. Most people like me like confirmation pages so you can see what you are ordering fully and scan over it, find out how much tax / vat your paying and other stuff and the total.

Same with shopping online they do it for https://groceries.morrisons.com/ and they try and flog more and then you get the full trolley then the payment, and you also get a email to confirm everything. It's just standard.

Oh bugger sorry misread :L late nights again don't do well with me :D haha. Most people like me like confirmation pages so you can see what you are ordering fully and scan over it, find out how much tax / vat your paying and other stuff and the total.

Same with shopping online they do it for https://groceries.morrisons.com/ and they try and flog more and then you get the full trolley then the payment, and you also get a email to confirm everything. It's just standard.

It's quite alright, I definitely understand.

Late nights do tend to have an effect on the make-sense meter. :P

Makes sense as with your example. It just seemed odd to me on a mostly default setup for our products... does the confirmation page allow you to add other things or is that in the product configuration page? I'll probably be playing with the pages on our development system...