Dedicated Server Module

EidolonHost

Hi,

So, I created this module because of Ravza's thread, found here at Is Blesta an Option for Dedicated?.

This module was based on SolusVM module from Blesta's devs. As such, there are lots of SolusVM functionality still in this script. I'm working on removing them and cleaning up the module. I'm still wrapping my head around the validation rules that're presenting a major stumbling block.

I'd be happy to have people submit code via Github and help with testing of the module via a development Blesta copy that they have.

GITHUB LINK: DSM, also known as Dedicated Server Module

THIS IS NOT SUITABLE FOR PRODUCTION USE YET

What this module can do:

1. Create a Dedicated/Colo Server Group

2. Create servers for either group

3. Edit servers for either group

4. Delete servers for either group

5. Assign servers to customers.

What this module CANNOT do:

1. OS Reloads

2. IP Management for Dedicated/Colos

What needs work and may not work reliably 100%

1. Adding client's package, either via log in as client by admin, or via admin backend.

2. Editing client's package, either via log in as client by admin, or via admin backend.

What DOES work and works reliably 100%

1. Installing module

2. Uninstalling module

3. Editing module details

4. Adding Server as a ackage

5. Editing Server as a package

6. Adding Servers via the Manage section of the module

7. Editing Servers via the Manage section of the module

Screenshots galore!

http://imgur.com/gallery/l63Wq

Documentation

Since this module makes use of Configurable Options, please see the Configurable Options for further details on how to add HDD, RAM, CPU, etc to your packages when configuring this module.

If you wish to donate to support development of this module, you can do that. In the event you decide to, I'd like to offer you my sincere thanks for supporting my efforts in creating this module for everyone.

You can do that here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=TXNSFKMTPKJ76

Edited by Keiro

I'm sure there will be questions about when this module will be ready for production use.

I do not know when the module will be ready for production use, but I'm doing my best to get it into production ready state. With that said...

I'm not a professional module developer. Thusly, if you spot issues and the like in the module, please either post about it here or open a Github issue and I will get right to work on fixing the issue or ask for help in fixing the issue.

Also, my response times will be somewhat slow for some time, until July at the latest, as I don't have reliable internet access right now. So keep that in mind!

Right now, I'm working on figuring out how the validation rules work. And for the love of god, I need to figure out how to safely remove the nodeid crap. It's making it difficult to reliably edit and add servers. I also have not yet figured out how to ensure the password seen in screenshot #5 :U

Is it even a good idea to have it set that way? Maybe use an SSH key for Linux servers instead? I have no idea what the equivalent is for Windows Servers and stuff, so... suggestions on this would be great.

Also, as far as the Type option for the servers go, I was thinking of moving it to the Add Server screen so that the admin can set it as Windows or Linux when adding the server to be assigned to a customer.

Thoughts on that?

Have you found a way to properly display the "base spec" or "description" of the package within the service itself on both admin and client sides then relate/tie in any config options/addons so that there is finally a GOOD summary of WHAT the client actually has (hardware config/software/addons/etc) within the specific service "details"? (instead of this "1 package fits all and all you get to see is the package name" lameness...)

Also a way to reference the service by a server hostname (visible by client and admin)?

Have you found a way to properly display the "base spec" or "description" of the package within the service itself on both admin and client sides then relate/tie in any config options/addons so that there is finally a GOOD summary of WHAT the client actually has (hardware config/software/addons/etc) within the specific service "details"? (instead of this "1 package fits all and all you get to see is the package name" lameness...)

Also a way to reference the service by a server hostname (visible by client and admin)?

You should be able to display the "base specs" or description of the package.

Give me a bit to screenshot both of the items you're asking about. The module lets you do this.

I didn't think to include the screenshots for both, so... my fault. Give me roughly 5 minutes and check back. You'll see the screenshots here and in Github.

I have not gotten to the point where a client can see the service package yet... I'm still figuring out how to rework the SolusVM module.

But this should be basically similar to where you can see SolusVM package details in the client dashboard.

Edit, as promised!:

ca2zGVH.png

KIHWUmm.png

Edit2: Note the Description field?

Edit3: THIS IS NOT PRODUCTION READY! THIS IS ALPHA CODE! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Nice, I look forward to you getting the description showing to clients as well.

Gonna install this now and test it out, could be the answer to my massive woes until EasyDCIM has billing integration with Blesta completed.

Please don't install it on a production Blesta install.

Some things work, most do not. I'm still working on fixing the things that aren't working.

The descriptions should show fine to the client. If you're familiar with the way packages are set up, you know what I mean.

WOW this is GREAT!!! I'll keep posting on the other thread.

Glad you like.

I've pushed v0.0.2 to Github. Simply hit up the original post for the github link and download the latest version via the Download Zip button.

You'll be able to add servers and the like... you just can't add them to client accounts, yet. That results in a fatal error. I'm still working on resolving this one.