Support System Enhancements

River

I've been a user of multiple billing systems to date, and they have all had good things, and bad things. Blesta is my favorite system so far, however, as with every other system that I've used, I've noticed some areas for improvement.

I would make these avaliable as a plugin myself, however, I do not have the knowledge at the moment to make this happen..

• Improve the support system: support Rich Text (or html) in tickets, and implement a WYSIWYG Editor for commenting on tickets on both the client end and the admin side.
  • Add the features of Support Manager Pro into the core of belsta; This would certainly attract more customers and seal the deal for them to use blesta.

I unfortunately had a couple more things, but cannot think of them at the moment, the first bullet is the biggest thing that i'd like to see added.

I'll try and update this if anyone mentions anything else, or if I think of any of those other features.

• Improve the support system: support Rich Text (or html) in tickets, and implement a WYSIWYG Editor for commenting on tickets on both the client end and the admin side.

You can use markdown, I'm not sure about the text as you will probably need two boxes one for html and one for text.

• Add the features of Support Manager Pro into the core of belsta; This would certainly attract more customers and seal the deal for them to use blesta.

I 10000% disagree with that, if there was 50% of customers would turn to other support systems, I do like the pro but I find it bulky and cluttered, but some people like it. So if they like it they can just upload the plugin and use it instead.

I've been a user of multiple billing systems to date, and they have all had good things, and bad things. Blesta is my favorite system so far, however, as with every other system that I've used, I've noticed some areas for improvement.

I would make these avaliable as a plugin myself, however, I do not have the knowledge at the moment to make this happen..

I unfortunately had a couple more things, but cannot think of them at the moment, the first bullet is the biggest thing that i'd like to see added.

I'll try and update this if anyone mentions anything else, or if I think of any of those other features.

1- I will try to add this on the next release of Support Manager Pro ;)

2- I also love it if blesta added all my features to Support manager (they alredy added in the past the my "Multi Select" actions, and also Ticket "Response Quotes" ideas)

P.S- I will add in the next relase a dropdown "Filter by Depatment" option to easely only show the Tickets for each department ;) and a Client Main Page Listing Ticket Widget

Markdown is used for tickets rather than a WYSIWYG. While it has a higher learning curve compared to a WYSIWYG, many WYSIWYG's don't handle HTML well enough, and Markdown provides a sufficient alternative that is gaining in popularity. Poor WYSIWYG HTML support is the main reason we removed it from the Portal plugin. If you need more HTML support than Markdown provides, then I have to ask--what more exactly are you looking for?

PauloV's Support Manager Pro has some nice features, and we will likely implement some of them natively in the future. The same could be said about other extensions that the community has improved upon. However, we don't copy/paste others' work. Instead, we add each feature independently after we've thought about and discussed the best way we think to do so. If you think the Support Manager included with Blesta is not up to par yet, then you might be interested in using some other 3rd-party support system, either PauloV's Pro version, or integrating an off-site ticket system.