Importing Whmcs Data Into Blesta

desynced

Question

I'm testing out several different options and getting away from WHMCS.   I've installed your 30 day trial successfully and enabled the Import tool.  After a successful import, all of the inactive customers that were in WHMCS are now set to active in Blesta.   Is this normal?  I dont want to send any type of announcement emails or bills to inactive customers.

7 answers to this question

They're set as inactive in WHMCS due to at one time, past customers could not sign back up with their account being closed but could if it's set as inactive.  When imported into Blesta, they're all set as active again.  So if someone went to another host and had a horrible experience and wanted to come back to us, they would get an error when signing back up that their account is closed.  If their account is inactive, they could still sign back up and it would automatically go back to active once the service was approved/paid/etc.   I think WHMCS has changed this since then, but we have a lot of inactive accounts.  

Imported again and they're all active.  We made a MySQL statement that exported the inactive customers's ID numbers out of WHMCS's database and updated Blesta's database to change the status field to inactive.  Looks good so far.  

Awesome, thanks for the update. Other than that, how did the import go?

All the clients were imported.  I havent checked all of the details (packages, billing terms, etc) yet, but there were no errors.  What we have checked so far is that the clients did import, and the sub contacts also imported correctly into the correct accounts.  Big bonus for this as another app did not do this correctly and made all of the subcontacts as a new contact.  

We've also decided we are now going to move away from FirstData for credit card processing and have yet to try any of the others.  We might give Stripe a try soon and noticed you have built in support for them.  Bravo!  It seems other host billing apps just rely on the community to build these for them, and the one for WHMCS seems to not even work correctly.   

I would say so far Blesto is the top choice for us.  Will test more within the next week.