Does Blesta Work Well With Plesk 12?

Burger

Question

As the title states, does Blesta work well with Plesk 12? Or, is there anyone using Blesta + Plesk for your web hosting business? What's your opinion on this combo?

I tried looking up Plesk 12 topics on this forum (and elsewhere) and what I found make me very concerned about compatibility, but I understand that people generally only post in forums when there are problems and not when things are going smoothly.

So I'm just hoping I could hear from some people who are using Blesta with Plesk 12 and get some opinions on whether the two are a good fit, and if there's anything I should watch out for. (I'm in the midst of setting up Plesk and Blesta on CentOS 7.)

Thanks.

3 answers to this question

I'm not aware of any issues with Plesk 12 and the Plesk module with Blesta. Plesk maintains backward compatibility with its older versions, so even though the Plesk module in Blesta only currently allows you to select a version up to 11.5, this will work for any newer version of Plesk (e.g. 12) as well. If you are looking for the module to support features added in Plesk 12, then these are not available through the module in Blesta.

Some people have experienced issues with configuring Blesta/Plesk to work correctly, however, which may be what you were referring to regarding other forum posts. You should make sure Blesta is installed on a server with libxml enabled in php and that your Plesk credentials are set appropriately in Blesta to ensure the API is working correctly.

It is also recommended to have Plesk and Blesta on separate servers. If you have them on the same server, you can experience an issue where Plesk will restart itself before it is able to notify Blesta that an account was created. This will result in the account being added in Plesk, but not being synced up with the service in Blesta. See this thread.