hyperjohn

Question

Hello,

I tried installing blesta using Softaculous on namecheap's shared hosting but the installation failed. How to check errors ?

Ignoring that, I tried installing blesta manually, by following the instructions at https://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Installing+Blesta

In that , step 3 reads as

"Upload the contents on public_html directory to your server where you will be accessing blesta."

However, I cannot find public_html directory in my blesta-3.5.3 download. Whats wrong ?

Why do I feel system is fighting with me :( ​

PS - While registering here in the forums, it informed me that I cannot use my outlook.com id. Why ?

3 answers to this question

Upload the contents of the "blesta" directory from the zip file, this was changed from public_html and should be updated. Sorry!

Chances are there may be a failed dependency, but you should know more once you access /install after uploading the files. Post any issues you have here and someone will help.

Upload the contents of the "blesta" directory from the zip file, this was changed from public_html and should be updated. Sorry!

Chances are there may be a failed dependency, but you should know more once you access /install after uploading the files. Post any issues you have here and someone will help.

Thanks for the clarification. Everything went fine and thankyou for replying fast. I didn't reply to the post but I did read your post almost as soon as you replied.

Have you checked that the requirements are all set: https://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Requirements

You can ask Namecheap for help if you need it as they manage the servers you are on, personally it's better when you own your own VPS.

Hello mate ! Thankyou for the suggestion. However, I feel problem was with Softaculous and not with namecheap's shared hosting. I did manual install and it went smooth as a butter knife on a butter. Till now I'm very happy with Blesta. I've used WHMCS in the past and I remember getting overwhelmed with it but eventually it became second nature. However, blesta is comparitively much better when you are new to the system.

PS - I'm writing this experience based on initital install and configuration only. I need to explore it more :)