Fraud Orders

evolvewh

Question

I had an order come through a few days ago that was fraud and I marked the orders as fraud and voided the transactions. I'm now looking under 'services' and these are all listed as 'in review'. Shouldn't they have disappeared or been placed elsewhere?

Learning the system still....

5 answers to this question

I had an order come through a few days ago that was fraud and I marked the orders as fraud and voided the transactions. I'm now looking under 'services' and these are all listed as 'in review'. Shouldn't they have disappeared or been placed elsewhere?

Learning the system still....

Not sure mate, I know you could mark them as cancelled or just in review delete them.

The services were placed in In Review status.

Marking an order as Fraud will:

1. Set the order to Fraud status
  2. Set the client to Fraud status
  3. Set the service to In Review status
  4. Void the associated invoice

Only setting the order to 'canceled' will cause the service to be canceled as well.

I can certainly do this now that I know how you guys designed it. I do think it would make more sense to just wipe out the associated services once it's determined that the order is fraud and marked accordingly.

I can certainly do this now that I know how you guys designed it. I do think it would make more sense to just wipe out the associated services once it's determined that the order is fraud and marked accordingly.

While I agree it would be easier to wipe/cancel the associated services when an order is marked as fraud, doing so may not always be ideal. For example, the order system can automatically mark an order as fraud, and it could do so incorrectly (false positive). In this case it would require manual intervention by an admin to determine its legitimacy, which is why the service is currently marked "In Review"--so you can cancel it yourself or activate it instead.

While I agree it would be easier to wipe/cancel the associated services when an order is marked as fraud, doing so may not always be ideal. For example, the order system can automatically mark an order as fraud, and it could do so incorrectly (false positive). In this case it would require manual intervention by an admin to determine its legitimacy, which is why the service is currently marked "In Review"--so you can cancel it yourself or activate it instead.

Makes sense and I didn't look at it that way. I wasn't using any fraud detection plugin and it was obvious this was fraud so I manually marked the order.