Trying To Create The First Staff Member Is Not Working

tonipouk

Question

Hi again.

Ok seems that finally I  got to install the Blesta version 3.5.3

I got to see the home page, but when I go to the form to create the first member of  staff:

http://my_website.com/blesta/admin/login/setup  (please see the attached picture)

I chose the 30 days trial version, I  fill up all  the  details, and when I click in the button of "finish" , the site is sending the form values and finally just show me a full empty white page  with nothing on it.

This empty white page is still in the  same  url that  before show me the staff form:   http://my_website.com/blesta/admin/login/setup 

any idea about what is  happening ?

Thanks.

11 answers to this question

Hi, well I  don't have right now teamviewer,  but install it  is not  a problem.

But my server is a Ubuntu Linux server 64 bits running in AWS EC2 Amazon, and I can't change that...

If it is possible, if you can suggest me what is giung  wrong  in the  Staff Login Form page,  why  when  I  send the form  details,  it show me a full empty white page?  is like it doesn't  have the rights for to show the result.

there is any Log file of Blesta where  I  can see any  clue ?

Thanks

Hi, well I  don't have right now teamviewer,  but install it  is not  a problem.

But my server is a Ubuntu Linux server 64 bits running in AWS EC2 Amazon, and I can't change that...

If it is possible, if you can suggest me what is giung  wrong  in the  Staff Login Form page,  why  when  I  send the form  details,  it show me a full empty white page?  is like it doesn't  have the rights for to show the result.

there is any Log file of Blesta where  I  can see any  clue ?

Thanks

White pages are server errors. So you need to look i a error_log.

Hi again, ok I  changed  the value and now  is :  Configure::errorReporting(-1);

And now  I am  getting this error in screen :

SQLSTATE[HY000] [2005] Unknown MySQL server host '{database_host}' (0) on line 267 in /var/www/html/blesta2/lib/model.php 

Printing Stack Trace:
#0 /var/www/html/blesta2/lib/model.php(278): Model->makeConnection()
#1 /var/www/html/blesta2/lib/model.php(117): Model->lazyConnect()
#2 /var/www/html/blesta2/components/record/record.php(669): Model->query('SELECT `value` ...', Array)
#3 /var/www/html/blesta2/components/session/session.php(249): Record->fetch()
#4 [internal function]: Session->sessionSelect('9i64enahevr8rou...')
#5 /var/www/html/blesta2/components/session/session.php(186): session_start()
#6 /var/www/html/blesta2/components/session/session.php(38): Session->sessionSet(1800, 'sessions', 'id', 'expire', 'value', 'blesta_sid', true)
#7 [internal function]: Session->__construct()
#8 [internal function]: ReflectionClass->newInstance()
#9 /var/www/html/blesta2/lib/loader.php(211): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#10 /var/www/html/blesta2/lib/loader.php(85): Loader::loadAndInitialize(Object(AdminLogin), 'component', Array)
#11 /var/www/html/blesta2/lib/controller.php(117): Loader::loadComponents(Object(AdminLogin), Array)
#12 /var/www/html/blesta2/app/app_controller.php(0): Controller->components()
#13 /var/www/html/blesta2/app/controllers/admin_login.php(14): AppController->preAction()
#14 /var/www/html/blesta2/lib/dispatcher.php(102): AdminLogin->preAction()
#15 /var/www/html/blesta2/index.php(28): Dispatcher::dispatch('/blesta2/admin/...')
#16 {main}

And if I see the  apache logs I  have this error:

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'UnknownException' with message 'Invalid callback Session::sessionWrite, cannot access private method Session::sessionWrite()' 
in Unknown:0\nStack trace:\n#0 [internal function]: UnknownException::setErrorHandler(2, 'Invalid callbac...', 'Unknown', 0, Array)\n#1 {main}\n  thrown in Unknown on line 0

[Thu Oct 08 20:39:47.161571 2015] [:error] [pid 21453] [client 82.132.239.109:10006] PHP Warning:  Invalid callback Session::sessionClose, cannot access private method Session::sessionClose() 
in Unknown on line 0

Any idea about what is happening ?

Open up your /config/blesta.php config file. Are there values for your database in there? Or is the file identical to the config/blesta-new.php file in the zip file?

It sounds like there may be permission issues with writing the config file. I would suggest attempting a new install, making sure that /config/ and all the files within it are writable by your web server. The installer does a check, but it's possible there may still be some type of permission issue that it's not catching.

ok what I'm going to ask you to do is just one way to bypass it, since some reason the config isn't able to be written by the server.

go to /config/blesta.php

replace the database details with the correct ones so change {database_host} to localhost etc

Then at the bottom find: Configure::set("Blesta.system_key", '');

Then in that bit generate a really long key in a-z 0-9 and then save the configuration. Then try again.

A site: https://www.random.org/strings/?num=20&len=20&digits=on&loweralpha=on&unique=on&format=html&rnd=new and then use like 4 of them.

ok I  changed  manually the  values  for the  data base inside the file  blesta.php

I a gave write permissions over all the folder /config  and  their  files  inside.

Now the previous errors are gone... seems  is better  now.

but I  still have an   issue.

When I  try to create a new staff member, I fill up all the  details in the form , I use the option of Free 30 days trial, I  send the form,  that bring me to  this  url page:

http://mydomain.com/blesta2/admin/login/setup

And here where before I had a full empty white page,  because now  I am showing the errors, I  got  this new  error on screen:

Call to undefined function crypt_random() on line 1660 in /var/www/html/blesta2/vendors/phpseclib/Crypt/RSA.php

why is not finding this function? 

ok I  changed  manually the  values  for the  data base inside the file  blesta.php

I a gave write permissions over all the folder /config  and  their  files  inside.

Now the previous errors are gone... seems  is better  now.

but I  still have an   issue.

When I  try to create a new staff member, I fill up all the  details in the form , I use the option of Free 30 days trial, I  send the form,  that bring me to  this  url page:

http://mydomain.com/blesta2/admin/login/setup

And here where before I had a full empty white page,  because now  I am showing the errors, I  got  this new  error on screen:

Call to undefined function crypt_random() on line 1660 in /var/www/html/blesta2/vendors/phpseclib/Crypt/RSA.php

why is not finding this function? 

Please see: http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3923-critical-keep-getting-call-to-undefined-function-crypt-random-when-trying-to-install-blesta/

It's the PHP.ini.

hello.

ok in that post that  you mentioned  say that  :

Solution:

Put this into /etc/php.ini

include_path = /usr/share/php

I tried it, and  it was not working for me....

Finally   what  I did  and  YES is  working for me  what  this:

Put this into /etc/php.ini

include_path = /usr/share/php5

That is working for me... 

And I am  using a Ubuntu 64 bits Linux in Amazon AWS

Thanks to all for  all the help