Delete Tickets

evolvewh

How hard is it in terms of programming to add the feature to delete tickets? I know Blesta likes to hold onto everything but I really think it should be up to the user of the software to decide what they want to do with the tickets they receive. I'm constantly logging into my database and deleting stuff (not from clients) that I don't want to keep around.

How hard is it in terms of programming to add the feature to delete tickets? I know Blesta likes to hold onto everything but I really think it should be up to the user of the software to decide what they want to do with the tickets they receive. I'm constantly logging into my database and deleting stuff (not from clients) that I don't want to keep around.

Le search mate :) http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4203-delete-tickets/?hl=delete+tickets

CORE-1589

It's not very difficult to implement deletions. The hard part is in understanding the conceptual ramifications of performing the action. We'd need to integrate better logging of actions like these, especially since deletions are unrecoverable.

Makes sense and of course I have no idea on any of the coding. Just hoping it comes along as a feature sooner rather than later.

• 4 weeks later...

How much would it cost for someone to 'sponsor' this? I can't tell you how annoying it is to login to cPanel multiple times a day and clear out the garbage. It's not spam but it's emails that don't need to sit in the ticketing system or they are received by someone else with a ticketing system so they send, Blesta sends the email saying a ticket was generated and then a loop of 40+ tickets / emails are created.