Enabling 2 Merchant Gateways At Once

evolvewh

Question

I currently use Blue Pay as my merchant account but my contract expires with them in a couple of months. I signed up with Stripe to test it out but I tried to leave both gateways active and able to accept in USD. Blesta will not allow me to active Stripe while Blue Pay is active (USD - already used by Bluepay is what it says and I can't check the box).

So my questions are:

1) Is there a reason 2 merchant gateways can't be active at once?

2) If I were to disable Blue Pay and activate Stripe, will I lose the credit cards I currently store or would I have to some how assign each card back to the right client account? I don't want to cause any headache for clients or even more work for myself with this. I do want to use the option to let Blesta store the credit cards.

Thanks!

4 answers to this question

1. Two merchant gateways can be active, but cannot process payments the same currency. Merchant gateways are invisible to customers, all they know is they are paying with a credit card.

2. If you are not using tokens with BluePay (The official gateway does not support tokens), then you can switch to Stripe if you are using the "onsite" storage method for Stripe and not the token based method.

So, you can switch back and forth between 2 or more merchant gateways if they all have the local/onsite storage method where Blesta stores the card details encrypted. If you switch to a gateway that uses tokens, any new payment accounts would be compatible only with that gateway and it would make switching to any other gateway difficult.

I guess I worded it wrong and should have said 'the ability to use 2 merchant gateways at once'.

I am using the core Bluepay module so if that means it's 'onsite' storage which I believe it is, I should be able to easily make the switch and I'll use 'onsite' storage for Stripe.

I appreciate the detailed response.

I am using the core Bluepay module so if that means it's 'onsite' storage which I believe it is, I should be able to easily make the switch and I'll use 'onsite' storage for Stripe.

100% correct. And, if you decide Stripe is not a good fit, you can switch back, or to any other merchant gateway that is configured to not use tokens.