Order Forms -- Best Way To Simplify To One Or Two Steps

skibum

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out the best way to get to a short and sweet checkout process.

By default, the wizard steps are cumbersome for my needs:
1) /order/main/packages

Select Package(Can skip via advice at https://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Order+System#OrderSystem-LinkingtoOrderPages)

2) /order/config/index

This step is really unnecessary for my purposes - would prefer to skip or pass as a hidden field and combine with step 3.

3) /order/cart/index (Create Account)

This is the register/login portion of the signup process. It's actually two form submits -- once you submit user information, the form is updated with ajax, and you have to click submit again to "Checkout & Pay"

4) /order/cart/index (Checkout & Pay)

Counting the second form submit from the /order/cart/index as step 4

5) /order/checkout/index

Credit Card & Payment

What I'd like to do is create a one-step(single form submission) form with minimal friction:

- Deep link to a single product(pre-configured with hidden fields or skip the "config" step all together)

- email

- name

- credit card information

I've successfully edited the view templates and removed a lot of fields, put the "use email as username" as a hidden field, moved the password to a session-generated hidden field(emailed to user).

The current result is a lot less required form data, but a lot of redundant steps. I haven't been able to find any examples of a single-step checkout form.

I just wanted to ask for the "best practice" way to integrate an order form like this in Blesta.

Thanks in advance for any help.

• 3 weeks later...

Using one of the wizard order forms I had a few customers not go all the way through the sign-up steps resulting in a new client registration but no service (then an email to support). In all cases they were getting confused with the second last step where the button is labelled 'Create Account'. After this step a confirmation of the order is still required before the service is created. They navigated away before this last step.

The standard order form is great. It offers a 1 step shorter process and feedback on where you are in the order process. Create new registration and create new service happens all in one step. It is a 3 step process if you link directly to the package.

Since changing I've had no issues or complaints.

However, a single page order would be ideal. If I had the time I would look into attempting it.