Maxmind

Kurogane

Question

Hello,

I have question/problem with maxmind. I currect i receive a high-risk order but blesta do nothing? what i mean, this is my first high-risk in blesta, blesta proceeds as usual but this part i'm not sure if blesta do anything or customer not pay the invoice for the moment the order is waiting for payment as i see this normal i not take much importance and when i open my business email i receive email from maxmind for that order is masked as high-risk if not for that i not noticed.

The question is maxmind reported as high-risk why blesta not marked that order as fraud? why blesta let the customer pays the invoice when is clearly is a fraud?. I can't find in blesta logs or capture from maxmind for that order to determine what is wrong.

Enlighten me what i'm doing wrong or just is a bug. I have default setting for maxmind.

Thanks.

4 answers to this question

Blesta only marks orders as fraud if you have Maxmind configured in Blesta to reject them based on score, free emails, etc. Otherwise the order will require review (i.e. manual approval). Again, this depends on how you have these settings configured in Blesta under the [Packages] -> [Order Forms] -> [settings] tab.

If an order is rejected, then I believe no payments could be accepted for the order because the customer is unable to get to the payment step.

But he can made payment, well i dunno if i'm admin but i try to load as client and i'm able to make a payment without issue and cron send email remeinder to pay the invoice.

Either way if manual approval is required (not is the case) there is not way to determinate why manaul approval is required. I hate to compared things but in WHMCS when the order enter as suspicious in the order details you can see the maxmind capture and not to start guessing what wrong with that order or start to login maxmind or fraudrecord account to see the details as repeat if i not receive the email from maxmind i never to find out the client try to fraud.

Sorry about my post before shows how much I know :). I don't use Maxmind but this is what my setting was when I used it:

js8md8jo.png

So my maxmind will only review a order with a score between 10-30, if it's 30+ it's rejected. I also didn't allow Proxies but I did allow free domains. I gave up on MaxMind as it didn't do much in my opinion and went to FraudLabsPro.

Now I have moved to FraudRecord by cubedata.net as it does a much better job at preventing fraud.