Core-2069 Related Question

evolvewh

Question

Is there any way that this is tied in with the 'Auto Debit Days Before Due Date' function? I have ours set to 1 day before the due date and it never charges 1 day before. It's always the day of. I have looked through all of my settings including the settings for client groups and there is no conflict there.

5 answers to this question

If there is an issue with the auto debit days before due, it would be a separate issue from CORE-2069.

Do you send a payment reminder email for upcoming auto-debits? If so, does that get sent on the correct day?

What are your timezone settings (in php and in Blesta)?

Can you give an example of an invoice that was auto debited the day of rather than a day before? What is the invoice's bill date? You may need to check this in the database (`invoices`.`date_billed` column) to include the date and time.

What time of day does your Auto Debit automation task run?

If there is an issue with the auto debit days before due, it would be a separate issue from CORE-2069.

Do you send a payment reminder email for upcoming auto-debits? If so, does that get sent on the correct day?

What are your timezone settings (in php and in Blesta)?

Can you give an example of an invoice that was auto debited the day of rather than a day before? What is the invoice's bill date? You may need to check this in the database (`invoices`.`date_billed` column) to include the date and time.

What time of day does your Auto Debit automation task run?

Yes I send reminders and they appear correct. Those go out 2 days before it's supposed to be auto debited (3 days before the actual due date)

Timezone is UTC -7:00 Denver in Blesta and php time is the same.

Every invoice gets auto debited the day it's due vs. 1 day before. I can give you many examples of this.

Auto Debit runs at 9am MST and invoice creation runs at 7am MST.

It's not every invoice.

Here is one that was auto debited the day it was due:

date_billed | date_due | date_closed

2016-02-08 14:00:02 2016-02-16 06:00:00

2016-02-15 16:00:04

The database shows the wrong due date and when I look at the date in the admin area (list of closed invoices), it's real due date is the 15th (even though the database says the 16th)

Here's one that worked properly (1 day before):

2016-02-10 07:00:00 2016-02-17 07:00:00 2016-02-16 16:00:04

Within the admin area, everything displays the way it should and it was auto debited 1 day before.

It's strange. I can look up more examples that are like the first one here. I also notice that the time is different for every due_date. Could that be throwing things off? Some are 6:00 and some are 7:00 in the DB due_date column.

I want to revisit this and let you know that there is an issue going on. It's consistently happening with every invoice generated. The date in the database is different than what's showing the admin area and it never runs auto debit on the day that is selected under settings -->> company -->> billing/payment -->> invoice charge options.

The server has been updated to DST and all other settings are correct. I've been through them multiple times.

No one else is experiencing this?

The date shown in the database is always going to be different than the date shown in the UI unless you're in the UTC timezone. The database dates are all UTC.

You mentioned auto-debit runs at 9am MST, which is -7 UTC, so invoices auto-debited would be closed at 16:00 UTC.

Auto Debit runs at 9am MST and invoice creation runs at 7am MST.

Here is one that was auto debited the day it was due:

2016-02-08 14:00:02 | 2016-02-16 06:00:00 | 2016-02-15 16:00:04

The database shows the wrong due date and when I look at the date in the admin area (list of closed invoices), it's real due date is the 15th (even though the database says the 16th)

The dates you mentioned are.

Bill Date: February 8, 2016, 7am MST

Date Due: February 15, 2016, 11pm MST

Date Closed: February 15, 2016, 9am MST

Here's one that worked properly (1 day before):

2016-02-10 07:00:00 | 2016-02-17 07:00:00 | 2016-02-16 16:00:04

Within the admin area, everything displays the way it should and it was auto debited 1 day before.

Bill Date: February 10, 2016, midnight MST

Date Due: February 17, 2016, midnight MST

Date Closed: February 16, 2016, 9am MST

It's strange. I can look up more examples that are like the first one here. I also notice that the time is different for every due_date. Could that be throwing things off? Some are 6:00 and some are 7:00 in the DB due_date column.

The time of day invoices are due don't have much of a bearing on the auto-debit since it looks at the entire day to find invoices. It could be throwing things off if the timezone conversion comparison is incorrect. If you look at more examples, do you see consistent behavior for invoices whose due date time is between 00:00:00 and 06:59:59 (in the database) being auto-debited the same day, and otherwise auto-debited the day before if the time is 07:00:00 or greater?

The date shown in the database is always going to be different than the date shown in the UI unless you're in the UTC timezone. The database dates are all UTC.

You mentioned auto-debit runs at 9am MST, which is -7 UTC, so invoices auto-debited would be closed at 16:00 UTC.

The dates you mentioned are.

Bill Date: February 8, 2016, 7am MST

Date Due: February 15, 2016, 11pm MST

Date Closed: February 15, 2016, 9am MST

Bill Date: February 10, 2016, midnight MST

Date Due: February 17, 2016, midnight MST

Date Closed: February 16, 2016, 9am MST

The time of day invoices are due don't have much of a bearing on the auto-debit since it looks at the entire day to find invoices. It could be throwing things off if the timezone conversion comparison is incorrect. If you look at more examples, do you see consistent behavior for invoices whose due date time is between 00:00:00 and 06:59:59 (in the database) being auto-debited the same day, and otherwise auto-debited the day before if the time is 07:00:00 or greater?

All of the invoices that are auto generated have 06:00:00 for the time due.

They are all failing to auto debit 1 day before the due date. I have to manually process them or wait until the actual due date before they are auto debited.

I have no idea if this has anything to do with it but I manually processed an invoice at 09:02 MST this morning and the time in the database shows: 15:08:24