How To Connect Existing Cpanel To New Client?

sunrisepro

Question

6 answers to this question

The packages existed already, so I went to the client's page in Blesta and selected Add Service on the left. I entered their domain name & then unchecked cPanel so a new account was not created. But the username for cPanel is different than the one that is actually in cPanel. Will the autosuspend work?

But the username for cPanel is different than the one that is actually in cPanel.

What does that mean?

Blesta suspends a cPanel service by telling cPanel to suspend the account based on its username. So the username you have set in Blesta for the service should match whatever cPanel account username it should refer to.

I did but it seems to be saved differently. I just tried changing the cPanel username & pw in the Blesta account & said 'Permission Denied'.

When you change the username by editing the service in Blesta, you should again uncheck "Use Module". This will update it in Blesta only. Once the username is correct in Blesta it will be properly linked to your WHM/cPanel server.