All Links/urls Go Back To Homepage

Galinvelle

Question

Hi, I am new to using Blesta and am currently testing and trying to get my site with theme set up. 

I am having problems with nearly all of my front end links and the site's subpage urls (like contact or about us pages) where basically all urls seem to redirect back to the homepage. The only urls's that work are the Login and Password Reset pages. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

16 answers to this question

Let me clarify:

I installed Blesta. I am using one of the free themes (Flat) and modifying it. All of the following navigational links that show up with the theme do not work:

/cart.html

/about-us.html

/services.html

/portfolio.html

/terms.html

/privacy.html

Instead of going to the relevant url page they just redirect back to the homepage.

Some of the pages that do work are:

/client/login/

/client/login/reset/

/client/plugin/support_manager/knowledgebase/

/order/main/packages/

So I am rather confused. Does Blesta's base install not come with standard static pages such as the ones I've listed above? Is there a list somewhere of what pages are ?

That's because they are in the blesta folder if you want to use Blesta and have the site on the same domain you need to move Blesta to another folder and use the theme in the root folder. The theme I integrated has the menu in the theme because it's a simple header and footer integration.

Or you can use the admin tools for making pages, or editing the portal plugin, or purchase the BlestaCMS (my plugin)

- Admin tools: [Plugin] Admin Tools (More Options For Staff)

- Editing Portal: [blesta 3.2-3.5.1] How To Make Static Pages By Modifying Portal Plugin

- BlestaCMS: [Plugin] Blesta Cms

Hi there - I'm working with Galinvelle and I'm finding what you're saying quite confusing.

1) The cart page, for example - what is the URL for this on the front end on a base Blesta install?

2) Forget static pages - let's talk about integral pages that are required for listing products and placing an order. How do I find out what these URLs are?

Hi there - I'm working with Galinvelle and I'm finding what you're saying quite confusing.

1) The cart page, for example - what is the URL for this on the front end on a base Blesta install?

2) Forget static pages - let's talk about integral pages that are required for listing products and placing an order. How do I find out what these URLs are?

The order forms are in Packages > Order forms > edit.

The others can be found by clicking on the portal boxes. Or logged in and then click on the urls on the blesta black navigation.

post-38-0-43682800-1464095226_thumb.png

post-38-0-08828800-1464095230_thumb.png

post-38-0-97272500-1464095233_thumb.png

Thanks for that.

I am now trying to just create a simple .htaccess rule so that the URLs are a bit prettier:

For the url:

/order/config/index/shared/?group_id=1&pricing_id=1

which works fine, I am adding this to .htaccess:

RewriteRule ^hosting$ /order/config/index/shared/?group_id=1&pricing_id=1

However when I go to myurl.com/hosting it redirects to the homepage. I read elsewhere that this should work with Blesta - what is it that I am missing?

Thanks for that.

I am now trying to just create a simple .htaccess rule so that the URLs are a bit prettier:

For the url:

/order/config/index/shared/?group_id=1&pricing_id=1

which works fine, I am adding this to .htaccess:

RewriteRule ^hosting$ /order/config/index/shared/?group_id=1&pricing_id=1

However when I go to myurl.com/hosting it redirects to the homepage. I read elsewhere that this should work with Blesta - what is it that I am missing?

It's not recommended because it's hard and can break things but you can see: http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1733-short-order-routes/

But I don't have experience and don't recommend it so I can't help much further with that.

Okay, regardless of all of that, I am trying to prevent index.php from constantly redirecting the URL back to / so I can basically create custom pages.

So, for example, if I type in myurl.com/index.php it redirects to myurl.com/

Where can i disable this so I can have more control?

I apologize for creating so many replies regarding this, but it seems like such a simple, obvious, and easy thing and the fact that it is becoming a large issue is creating growing concern for me over the Blesta infrastructure.

All I want to do is to be able to create a custom page. So, for example, I want to create an 'about us' page that has static content, but uses the header and footer as in structure.pdt in the template folder.

I want to be able to specify what URL this page is shown on: myurl.com/about

Can you please explain, step by step, how I can achieve this?

Okay, regardless of all of that, I am trying to prevent index.php from constantly redirecting the URL back to / so I can basically create custom pages.

So, for example, if I type in myurl.com/index.php it redirects to myurl.com/

Where can i disable this so I can have more control?

that's because you use .htaccess and if you remove it then everything goes index.php/admin/ index.php/plugin/support_manager/ you have to edit the portal plugin content Settings > Company > Plugins > portal: Manage that will edit the index page.

You can install edited versions of the portal (takes a bit of editing) or you can do what you said in the second and third post. Use the edit of the portal which you set the page name and it should show the page at domain.com/page-name.

I tried installing Admin tools: [Plugin] Admin Tools (More Options For Staffand I'm getting this error when I activate:

Undefined offset: 0

Should I assume it no longer works?

That's something you have to post in their thread related to the plugin so the developer can help you.

I apologize for creating so many replies regarding this, but it seems like such a simple, obvious, and easy thing and the fact that it is becoming a large issue is creating growing concern for me over the Blesta infrastructure.

All I want to do is to be able to create a custom page. So, for example, I want to create an 'about us' page that has static content, but uses the header and footer as in structure.pdt in the template folder.

I want to be able to specify what URL this page is shown on: myurl.com/about

Can you please explain, step by step, how I can achieve this?

The above. I can't tell you because I need to know what you are using, I can only help you with the default Blesta or plugins I use / make.

I'm not using anything except Blesta. I have it installed, no other plugins or special configurations. I'm not even using htaccess - whatever came with blesta is there.

So can you explain how I can create the page I mentioned with the URL I mentioned?

I'm not using anything except Blesta. I have it installed, no other plugins or special configurations. I'm not even using htaccess - whatever came with blesta is there.

So can you explain how I can create the page I mentioned with the URL I mentioned?

Again, if you are using the editing portal, you use that tutorial :).

If you use the Admin tools, you click on Pages and put the content in there, I haven't used it for that purpose so I'm useless there but their thread will help you, you can post comments there and the developer will help.

So basically editing the portal using the second link you provided, I disabled the base redirect to "/" and that permits me to create as many custom pages as I want. 

Just so I understand it - obviously as an engine of sorts Blesta comes with pre-created pages such as the product page, cart checkout, and client center. What other base systems exist within Blesta? I believe there is also a knowledgebase built in. 

So basically editing the portal using the second link you provided, I disabled the base redirect to "/" and that permits me to create as many custom pages as I want. 

Just so I understand it - obviously as an engine of sorts Blesta comes with pre-created pages such as the product page, cart checkout, and client center. What other base systems exist within Blesta? I believe there is also a knowledgebase built in. 

Blesta ships with plugins, if they are disabled they won't work, if you install them the links set by the plugin can be used. Browse the system and see what it adds.

Have you made any progress on this? If you want to create static files in the same directory as Blesta (Not advised) you will have to modify the .htaccess file so that it does not redirect those URI's to index.php. Or, you can remove the .htaccess file entirely.

We highly suggest installing Blesta in a subdomain or sub-directory from your main site. So, maybe you have Blesta at /billing/ and then it frees up /contact/, etc for your website.