Decimal Points For {Transaction.amount} In Emails.

Jason

Question

I can't seem to keep Blesta from using four decimal places in the "Email Template Payment Received (Non-Merchant)" email. 

Right now if a person pays $25.00 it will send the email with four decimals so it looks like this $25.0000. I want it to only show two decimal places. Under currency I have the precision set to 2, but for this it shows 4 decimal places. 

I am sure it is an easy fix with PHP, but I don't know where this particular number is pulled from.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated,

--Jason

9 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I am currently using the tag {transaction.amount} for the emails. If I knew where that tag was generated I could use something like "number_format" to change it to only 2 decimal places, but unfortunately I don't know which file that data is generated from.

Thanks,
--Jason

I provided you this tag:

{transaction.amount | currency_format transaction.currency}

Which converts it from $24.0000 to $24.00

I don't believe this a bug it's just how the system works we use:

Tyson told us ages ago on a thread but I can't find it so that's it. Maybe a feature request or something to put that in by default?

So like:

Hello {contact.first_name},

Thank you for your recent payment of {transaction.amount | currency_format transaction.currency} via {transaction.gateway_name}.

Your transaction number for this payment is {transaction.transaction_id}.

For your reference we recieved your payment on the {date_added}.

I am currently using the tag {transaction.amount} for the emails. If I knew where that tag was generated I could use something like "number_format" to change it to only 2 decimal places, but unfortunately I don't know which file that data is generated from.

Thanks,
--Jason

1 hour ago, Licensecart said:

I provided you this tag:

I suggest using this for now. It's CORE-1092 which I think will resolve this globally by utilizing the currency format for the currency code. If it's a 2 decimal currency, will effectively round to 2 decimals. If it's a currency with no decimals like Japanese Yen, then it would be rounded to an integer.

On 8/11/2016 at 10:24 AM, Licensecart said:

I provided you this tag:

Thanks Licensecart and Paul. I didn't realize the extra part of the tag was actually formatting info. I used the tag as you listed it and the email sends out the correct decimal points now. I appreciate your help and your patience!!!!!

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Thanks Licensecart and Paul. I didn't realize the extra part of the tag was actually formatting info. I used the tag as you listed it and the email sends out the correct decimal points now. I appreciate your help and your patience!!!!!

You're welcome :) it's because it's a h2o tag so the last bit corrects what we need :D