December 28, 2012 | Posted by Paul
It’s incredible how quickly this year has gone by. It’s been productive, but I’m looking forward to what 2013 has in store. I think it’s going to be an amazing year for Blesta!
The v3 alpha is in its third release and is going great, the feedback we’re getting from developers is incredibly valuable and reassuring. We’re working towards the beta release now, resolving issues, and finishing up some critical features while pushing out regular alpha updates.
This week I wanted to show you custom client fields. Not an incredibly exciting feature, but it’s a really useful one.
- Custom Client Fields are Client Group specific, create different fields for different groups.
- Field labels can be language defines, so that they are available in many languages.
- Text box, check box, drop down, and text area fields are supported.
- Fields can be hidden from clients, or displayed as read-only to clients.
- Fields can be required, and custom regular expressions can be used for validation.
- Fields can optionally be encrypted in the database with 256-bit AES cipher.
- And of course, custom client fields can be created and fetched through the API.
The video is below, as usual you can make the video full screen, and be sure to turn on your sound!